Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Relief with Relafen

Posted by Robin on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007682)

Am taking 1-2 weeks of Relafen for a condition not related to my PF. But ooooh, what a relief it is providing for my PF.

I hate anti-inflammatories. I hate the thought of being umbillically connected to a medication to be able to conduct even a semi-normal painfree life. And of course, I am scared of the long-term effects of NSAIDs.

But ooooh -- I understand why people become a slave to meds. For two days now, my feet have actually stopped hurting. This is unmitigated heaven. I still wear my Birks and I still take my glucosamine sulfate and C -- but boyohboy, it's that Relafen that's providing relief, no doubt about it. I love it. It's just heaven on wheels. It is so absolutely wonderful not to be in constant distress, not to be constantly planning my whole day of activities around my feet. It reminds me of the life I used to have before PF found me. I know I can't stay on these meds forever -- but I certainly dread two weeks from now, when I must stop. Gonna' enjoy this brief taste of heaven while I have it. Maybe even walk 1/4 mile on the beach (with shoes of course). Good to the very last drop.

Re: Relief with Relafen

WANDA on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007683)

Robin I don't blame you one bit I ride the white horse to !!!!!!! I know it sounds silly to someone who doesn't have the CURSE to be pain free just one hr, but we all KNOW what a pleasure it is.Hey have fun ,raise hell and be careful,wish I could go with you and for once just have some fun and not worry about my feet. Good luck and take lots of pictures.

Trish on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007718)

What knikd of drug is Relafen?

Lee on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007752)

Relefen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to relieve inflammation, swelling, stiffness and joint pain. It really didn't help me much with my pf.

WANDA on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007683)

Robin I don't blame you one bit I ride the white horse to !!!!!!! I know it sounds silly to someone who doesn't have the CURSE to be pain free just one hr, but we all KNOW what a pleasure it is.Hey have fun ,raise hell and be careful,wish I could go with you and for once just have some fun and not worry about my feet. Good luck and take lots of pictures.

Trish on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007718)

What knikd of drug is Relafen?

Lee on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007752)

Relefen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to relieve inflammation, swelling, stiffness and joint pain. It really didn't help me much with my pf.