Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks Scott...saw a doctor today! Plantar Fibromatosis in arch

Posted by Issy on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007687)

Posted by scott on 5/30/99 at 00:00
I received an email with a similar question (maybe it's the same person) but here is a copy of
the response I sent:

'fibroma' mean tissue fibers growing in a knot. 'fibromatosis' is the condition of having a
fibroma or more than one fibroma in more than one place in the body. It might be possible to
call it a tumor, but I'm not sure of the differences, if there are any. If it is definately a knot that
is not the result of a previous injury, then surgery may be the best and reasonably safe option.
If it is growing, surgery the sooner the better before it takes over more of the heel area.
Massaging it vigorously and hard may help break it up and allow it to heal better as the only
option to surgery. Follow with ice. If there is the possibility it is cancerous, do not do the
massage under any circumstances, definately get the surgery, and follow with ice and 10 or
more grams vitamin C the day of surgery and the entire week after surgery. If it turns out to be
cancer, spread out over each day 10 grams of C or more for the rest of your life, among other
anti-cancer safe pills such as selenium and vitamin E. Actually, at least 1 gram of vitamin C
with each meal is what everyone should do.
____________________________________________________update...
Scott... thanks so much for the information you left in a previous post dated on 5/30 for me (posted above)...

I saw the doctor today ....it is a Plantar Fibromatosis in my left arch...he said they are not normally cancerious and it is a small tumor as you mentioned...no cure other then surgery...He also said they don't go away...only get worse...

I want to thank those that responded to me on 5/30...I probably would not have seeked out doctors advice if it had not been for Scott...

I Hope everyones feet feel better soon...I'm looking forward to being painless soon!! I can't wear shoes with any type of arch support at the moment as it hits on the sore area in my arch...The doctor said it's not the tumor/Plantar that is sore...it is the pressure it puts on the Fasciitis that is so painfull...

Thanks so much....Issy

Re: Thanks Scott...saw a doctor today! Plantar Fibromatosis in arch

kelus on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007689)

Scott or Issy,

I was wondering what kind of test you had done to diagnose this!

kelus

Re: Thanks Scott...saw a doctor today! Plantar Fibromatosis in arch

kelus on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007689)

Scott or Issy,

I was wondering what kind of test you had done to diagnose this!

kelus