Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just can't seem to win...

Posted by Dana on 6/10/99 at 00:00 (007697)

My heel is starting to feel a little (and I mean very little) bit better, but now I have another problem. The top of the foot is KILLING me by the end of the day. Several weeks ago I dropped a big stack of heavy plastic cups on my bad foot. It's still very tender where the cups hit the foot and by the end of the day the foot is swollen (sp?) on the top and when I walk I can feel a cracking sound. Not sure what I did, but it hurts. I guess the only good thing is it happened on my bad foot so at least I still only have one bad foot and one good foot. I guess I'm back to the Dr. to see if I sprained it or what.

Re: Just can't seem to win...

Lee on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007750)

Dana,
I know exactly how you feel. Because I tried not to step to hard of my heel,
I screwed up the top of my foot, my joints locked up. It felt like a sprain to me but my doc adjusted it and it was better immediately. Hope yours is a quick cure too. From standing all day I tend to put all my weight on my left side and now I have sciatica problems in my left hip and thigh. Another really painful disorder.
When I sit my hip hurts and when I stand my heel hurts. Whats next !

Re: Just can't seem to win...

Lee on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007750)

Dana,
I know exactly how you feel. Because I tried not to step to hard of my heel,
I screwed up the top of my foot, my joints locked up. It felt like a sprain to me but my doc adjusted it and it was better immediately. Hope yours is a quick cure too. From standing all day I tend to put all my weight on my left side and now I have sciatica problems in my left hip and thigh. Another really painful disorder.
When I sit my hip hurts and when I stand my heel hurts. Whats next !