Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help what is this foot problem not seen on this board

Posted by George on 6/10/99 at 00:00 (007698)

I've not seen this problem described in this way here, but my right foot often feels like my sock is bunching up under the pad of my foot behind the toes and ahead of the arch. I'm always taking my shoe off to see if the sock is all bunched up, but it isn't? I do have PF in my left foot, helped by taping, exercise, etc. I asked the Dr. about this condition, but didn't get much of an answer--said something about nerves, but he offered no help.
Anybody else have this sensation and know how to 'fix' it?

Re: Help what is this foot problem not seen on this board

Alison on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007719)

Yes, I've checked to see if my sock was bunched up under my toes. I have a fibroma, neuroma or callous (chose one) depending upon which Doc I've seen. I'm no Dr. but you sound as if you have something there. Any kind of pain in that area? I finally found an orthapod who specializes in foot/ankle. He took xrays, went over them with me and recommende an mri which I had wednesday. After 2 years, he's the first doc who went over possible diagnosis (and WHY he ruled them as likely/unlikely) and options as well as my actual xrays with me. What a relief!

I do suggest that you try to find an orthapod who specializes in foot/ankle stuff. Such docs often work with podiarists and see dancers and atheletes who are in tune with their bodies and not 'malingerers.' I hate that term! Had I done this 2 years ago I might have saved a lot of money and pain. Write down your symptom history before your appt. and give a copy to the doc.
Good Luck!

Re: Help what is this foot problem not seen on this board

Alison on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007719)

Yes, I've checked to see if my sock was bunched up under my toes. I have a fibroma, neuroma or callous (chose one) depending upon which Doc I've seen. I'm no Dr. but you sound as if you have something there. Any kind of pain in that area? I finally found an orthapod who specializes in foot/ankle. He took xrays, went over them with me and recommende an mri which I had wednesday. After 2 years, he's the first doc who went over possible diagnosis (and WHY he ruled them as likely/unlikely) and options as well as my actual xrays with me. What a relief!

I do suggest that you try to find an orthapod who specializes in foot/ankle stuff. Such docs often work with podiarists and see dancers and atheletes who are in tune with their bodies and not 'malingerers.' I hate that term! Had I done this 2 years ago I might have saved a lot of money and pain. Write down your symptom history before your appt. and give a copy to the doc.
Good Luck!