Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Ultram side effects

Posted by mike greene on 6/10/99 at 00:00 (007703)

i have been taking ultram for pain,for two years.I have artherits,a hip diplacment that is very painfull.I am on blood thinner,so,i can't take asprin.the withdroul is very hard,mostley sinus problems.is this normal?

Cheryl on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007836)

Used to be on Ultram for headaches for a year. Was very addicted to them...Doctor prescribed numerous amounts over the year to me. Couldn't function without them! When I finally stopped taking them, I went through serious psychological withdrawal. Recently, two years later, he prescribed them to me again for mild headaches. I feel that I am becoming addicted to them again. But they really are 'happy pills', that greatly alter my mood. Please respond.

Amanda on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008356)

My mom takes those pills for headaches she used to get all the time. Horrible ones. I just wanted to know if being addicted to them (if she is) will hurt her later on in life. My mom takes some other medication too for her headaches including Amitriptyline and Atenolol. I think those are the ones that she uses for her headaches because she has other medications too, but those are for her recently hurting her neck. Anyway I am only 13 and was just curios. If you wouldn't mind e-mailing me back at my mandy address I would be very gracious. Thank you!
Amanda

Jes on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008551)

Cheryl,

Ultram was prescribed to me for chronic pain in my ankle. Not only does it take the pain away, but it gives me an incredible feeling of well being. It's hard to explain because it doesn't really make me high but I sure agree with you about the 'happy' feeling. I find myself extremely talkative when on it also. Also, my concentration level has increased dramatically, and I focus like never before while on Ultram Just be careful because I can see how it could be addictive. I myself have gone a couple weeks without it and didn't experience the 'severe withdrawl' I always hear people talk about. I think it's just like other thing that people can get addicted to, if you have an addictive personality you could probably get addicted to Ultram.

Cheryl on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007836)

Used to be on Ultram for headaches for a year. Was very addicted to them...Doctor prescribed numerous amounts over the year to me. Couldn't function without them! When I finally stopped taking them, I went through serious psychological withdrawal. Recently, two years later, he prescribed them to me again for mild headaches. I feel that I am becoming addicted to them again. But they really are 'happy pills', that greatly alter my mood. Please respond.

Amanda on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008356)

My mom takes those pills for headaches she used to get all the time. Horrible ones. I just wanted to know if being addicted to them (if she is) will hurt her later on in life. My mom takes some other medication too for her headaches including Amitriptyline and Atenolol. I think those are the ones that she uses for her headaches because she has other medications too, but those are for her recently hurting her neck. Anyway I am only 13 and was just curios. If you wouldn't mind e-mailing me back at my mandy address I would be very gracious. Thank you!
Amanda

Jes on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008551)

Cheryl,

Ultram was prescribed to me for chronic pain in my ankle. Not only does it take the pain away, but it gives me an incredible feeling of well being. It's hard to explain because it doesn't really make me high but I sure agree with you about the 'happy' feeling. I find myself extremely talkative when on it also. Also, my concentration level has increased dramatically, and I focus like never before while on Ultram Just be careful because I can see how it could be addictive. I myself have gone a couple weeks without it and didn't experience the 'severe withdrawl' I always hear people talk about. I think it's just like other thing that people can get addicted to, if you have an addictive personality you could probably get addicted to Ultram.