Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Morton's Neuroma?

Posted by Alicia on 6/10/99 at 00:00 (007708)

I am not a Dr., but you may have a Morton's neuroma. It is a benign tumor of a nerve between two of your toes. I'm sure it could be other things, but I do know of this condition. If it is bad enough, surgery can remove it. You probably need to see a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon to have it diagnosed if it really bothers you.

Re: Morton's Neuroma?

Nancy M on 6/10/99 at 00:00 (007710)

I not a Dr. either, but I agree with Alicia with what it could be and also seeing a Dr. I know of this condition because I have it - both feet. I've had surgery on the left for it already and was at the Dr. today and will now have surgery on my right foot for the neuroma I have. If you go back to the beginning of Yhaoo put in foot neuroma and search you will find all kind of information. One says the pain can be shooting, burning, stabbling, radiating and/or just an odd feeling. With the first one I had anti-inflammatories, physical therapy, and cortisone shots. The second one only anti-inflammatories and cortisone shots. Today was a bad day with pain from it. I also have PF in both feet and have had surgery on both of them. Both were a success I'm 99% pain free.

Re: Morton's Neuroma?

Nancy M on 6/10/99 at 00:00 (007710)

I not a Dr. either, but I agree with Alicia with what it could be and also seeing a Dr. I know of this condition because I have it - both feet. I've had surgery on the left for it already and was at the Dr. today and will now have surgery on my right foot for the neuroma I have. If you go back to the beginning of Yhaoo put in foot neuroma and search you will find all kind of information. One says the pain can be shooting, burning, stabbling, radiating and/or just an odd feeling. With the first one I had anti-inflammatories, physical therapy, and cortisone shots. The second one only anti-inflammatories and cortisone shots. Today was a bad day with pain from it. I also have PF in both feet and have had surgery on both of them. Both were a success I'm 99% pain free.