Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suffering Like a Dog with Calf Pain

Posted by Laurie on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007721)

Please someone let me know if you are suffering with leg cramps...they say mine result from over pronation,etc.

Cant stand to live like this and doc dont seem to have any diffinitive answer...

Currently they have me on Elavil for serotonin replacement

Would greatly appreciate advice...stories...

Re: Suffering Like a Dog with Calf Pain

Dana on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007727)

I also suffer from leg cramps, but have never talked to a Dr. about it. I also over pronate. I seem to get them often like now, or not for awhile. Last night my heel was hurting and while I was massaging it I got a bad cramp in my leg, but I couldn't stand on the leg to walk it out because my heel was hurting so bad. I would stretch as Alicia said, after all it can't hurt. Be careful when you stretch to do it very gental, because I can get a leg cramp when I stretch to hard.

Leslie on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007741)

Try wearing a night splint which keeps your foot in a flexed position. Used to get leg cramps (always pointed my toes when I slept), keeping toe pointed can also lead to PF. If you don't want to get a night splint, sleep with your feet hanging off bed so they are flexed not pointed.

Dana on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007727)

I also suffer from leg cramps, but have never talked to a Dr. about it. I also over pronate. I seem to get them often like now, or not for awhile. Last night my heel was hurting and while I was massaging it I got a bad cramp in my leg, but I couldn't stand on the leg to walk it out because my heel was hurting so bad. I would stretch as Alicia said, after all it can't hurt. Be careful when you stretch to do it very gental, because I can get a leg cramp when I stretch to hard.

Leslie on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007741)

Try wearing a night splint which keeps your foot in a flexed position. Used to get leg cramps (always pointed my toes when I slept), keeping toe pointed can also lead to PF. If you don't want to get a night splint, sleep with your feet hanging off bed so they are flexed not pointed.