Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Over Stretching can make it worse.

Posted by Gordon on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007747)

Stretching on the stairs sounds way to severe when you have this condition. When first starting out, stretches must be so gentle and slow that they don't even feel like a stretch. Of course, everyone may be different here but that is what most of the PT places have taught me. There is much to learn on this site. Be patient.

Re: Over Stretching can make it worse.

WANDA on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007782)

Hey Gordon I too strech on the stair step when I frist hobble out of bed I walk around alittle and the lean up againts the wall and then go get on the step,my calves are very tight but after that I get a little better by my steps I take. I may be doing it all wrong, but every pt and dr I've been to says something different so here I am, as we all say we're all different and looking for that answere,RELIEF. My lower back is hurting now so I guess I'm all out of wack,I really hate to tell my husband I hurt any where for I know he gets sick of all this , he is in very good shape, but hey I was to this time last year.

Re: Over Stretching can make it worse.

WANDA on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007782)

Hey Gordon I too strech on the stair step when I frist hobble out of bed I walk around alittle and the lean up againts the wall and then go get on the step,my calves are very tight but after that I get a little better by my steps I take. I may be doing it all wrong, but every pt and dr I've been to says something different so here I am, as we all say we're all different and looking for that answere,RELIEF. My lower back is hurting now so I guess I'm all out of wack,I really hate to tell my husband I hurt any where for I know he gets sick of all this , he is in very good shape, but hey I was to this time last year.