Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A shoe freak with sore feet!!!

Posted by Lee on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007757)

On my fifth day with anti-inflamm cream. If this doesn't help, I think I might have to consider surgery. (endoscopic)
Any recommendations or warnings. I feel as if my life has been on hold for the last 8 months. Can't shop, walk, exercise or dance.
Disneyland hurts just to think about it. I can only wear sneakers or aeresole shoes, thats providing my orthodic will fit in them. This is all so depressing. And the worst of it is I'm a shoe freak. I have about 150 pairs of shoes. Will I ever get to wear them again.

Re: A shoe freak with sore feet!!!

Bea on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007759)

I sympathize, I am also a shoe freak, In fact I'm afraid to count them. For the past year I have been able to wear only backless shoes. If this keeps on for much longer I will give my shoes away rather than having to look at them just sitting there.

LJ on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007761)

Sheeeesh Lee, you must take some time, find some way to be off your feet as much as you can.. Ice Ice Ice ... pop an advil now and then but the only thing that i believe will cure it is to be offf your foot. Forget the shopping, the travelling, the whatever. You have 2 feet for the rest of your life. Heal them up, so you can enjoy the good things that life has to offer.

btw, you might.. just might have to toss out or give away some shoes.. switch to tenners, deck shoes, whatever.. no more dress shoes and shoes that don't have support. forget the glamour and the glitz, we are only given 2 feet per lifetime..

I've learned the hard way.. it isn't worth it.... PF can go on and on for years .. give it your all and heal up..

Ta hell with the shoes!! :) :)

WANDA on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007779)

Lee I know what your talking about gave away a big black trash bag of good stylish shoes today matter of fact, wish I had all that money back though,went to church today had to wear Birks looked rather foolish since everyone else was dressed fit to kill, but feet hurt like crazy and thats all I could wear since I have tarsnel tunnel in both feet,but the way i looked at it i went to worship the Lord not the people he knew where my heart was. Good luck

Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008073)

Wanda, if anyone says anything about me or anyone else wearing Birks or any other sandals to church, I ask them what kind of shoes the Lord would have on if he walked through the door to worship!

Phyllis

Bea on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007759)

I sympathize, I am also a shoe freak, In fact I'm afraid to count them. For the past year I have been able to wear only backless shoes. If this keeps on for much longer I will give my shoes away rather than having to look at them just sitting there.

LJ on 6/12/99 at 00:00 (007761)

Sheeeesh Lee, you must take some time, find some way to be off your feet as much as you can.. Ice Ice Ice ... pop an advil now and then but the only thing that i believe will cure it is to be offf your foot. Forget the shopping, the travelling, the whatever. You have 2 feet for the rest of your life. Heal them up, so you can enjoy the good things that life has to offer.

btw, you might.. just might have to toss out or give away some shoes.. switch to tenners, deck shoes, whatever.. no more dress shoes and shoes that don't have support. forget the glamour and the glitz, we are only given 2 feet per lifetime..

I've learned the hard way.. it isn't worth it.... PF can go on and on for years .. give it your all and heal up..

Ta hell with the shoes!! :) :)

WANDA on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007779)

Lee I know what your talking about gave away a big black trash bag of good stylish shoes today matter of fact, wish I had all that money back though,went to church today had to wear Birks looked rather foolish since everyone else was dressed fit to kill, but feet hurt like crazy and thats all I could wear since I have tarsnel tunnel in both feet,but the way i looked at it i went to worship the Lord not the people he knew where my heart was. Good luck

Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008073)

Wanda, if anyone says anything about me or anyone else wearing Birks or any other sandals to church, I ask them what kind of shoes the Lord would have on if he walked through the door to worship!

Phyllis