Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My doctor says I have a very large spur, I say, no duh!!!

Posted by Lanie on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007768)

I have had pain in my left foot for some time, but it comes and goes.
Recently I have developed outrageous pain in my right foot, hurts in the morning and when I am still. I don't notice it as much if I keep moving, so I have kept moving. The pain has really started to 'cramp my stye' lately, my feet hurt all the time. The doctor ordered an x-ray and called me a week later with this 'revelation.'

After reading this site several times over, I am certain I have been doing this wrong, but I can't stand the thot of being still. I have tried the stretching, but I still hurt. I was refered to an orthapedic surgeon, but I can't afford the guy (no insurance). I need help! I tried reading the message board, but I don't see a plan of action. I am not really into arbitrarily experiementing.

I will be grateful, appreciative and in love with anyone who can give me a starting point and path.

Re: My doctor says I have a very large spur, I say, no duh!!!

Bea on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007775)

If you followed the message board you could tell that we would all love a starting point & ending point. Very sorry to tell you there is no such thing with this ailment. There is just no sure thing that works for everyone. It is depressing & miserable but the only solution is to try different things & see what works for you. There is a wealth of info here and hopefully you will find something that works for you. In the meantime keep your chin up and pray.

Jackie on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007776)

Check out Molly's 'Pain free for 2 weeks' 6/7/99. It really helped me. Her methods are what works for everyone. Well we really don't know which one works and which don't but I'm doing what she mentioned. Icing, stretching, Anti-inflammatories, rest. I also read the 18 page report which is very informative. Knowlege is the key. You just have to try everything. Most of it is free. A bottle of Advil is about $6.00. I purchased a pair of Spenco insoles for about $14.00. A small price for some relief. Keep the faith. It does get better. Or at least bearable. We just have to be smart about our feet.

Penny on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007848)

Try coral calcium. It helps!!!!! Man does it ever. It also helped me get over my migraines. Have been migraine free now for 1 1/2 yrs.
info on it: http://www.ionxresource.com/rep.cfm?id=328

Bea on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007775)

If you followed the message board you could tell that we would all love a starting point & ending point. Very sorry to tell you there is no such thing with this ailment. There is just no sure thing that works for everyone. It is depressing & miserable but the only solution is to try different things & see what works for you. There is a wealth of info here and hopefully you will find something that works for you. In the meantime keep your chin up and pray.

Jackie on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007776)

Check out Molly's 'Pain free for 2 weeks' 6/7/99. It really helped me. Her methods are what works for everyone. Well we really don't know which one works and which don't but I'm doing what she mentioned. Icing, stretching, Anti-inflammatories, rest. I also read the 18 page report which is very informative. Knowlege is the key. You just have to try everything. Most of it is free. A bottle of Advil is about $6.00. I purchased a pair of Spenco insoles for about $14.00. A small price for some relief. Keep the faith. It does get better. Or at least bearable. We just have to be smart about our feet.

Penny on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007848)

Try coral calcium. It helps!!!!! Man does it ever. It also helped me get over my migraines. Have been migraine free now for 1 1/2 yrs.
info on it: http://www.ionxresource.com/rep.cfm?id=328