Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carpal Tunnel and PF

Posted by Scott on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007778)

It appears a substantial number of us have heel pain and carpal tunnel. There could be a connection. If you have carpal tunnel and plantar fasciitis (or heel pain), please post here or email me. It might be something I need to put in the main document. I've had both for a couple of years.

Re: Carpal Tunnel and PF

maureen on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007785)

Scott, I have had carpal tunel syndrome for 15+ years. I am very careful about what I do using my wrists, and it has been years since I had a flare up. Yoga has given me strength back in my wrists which I had lost several years ago. My Pf only started about a year ago, very mild, and then flared into something to pay attention to 6 months ago.

Re: Carpal Tunnel and PF? yes!

Karen on 6/16/99 at 00:00 (007871)

Scott,
Yes I have pf now and had a successful carpal tunnel release done about 4 years ago. I also had a bone spur tear my rotator cuff. I'm now wearing birks 99%of the time, icing, glucosamine chondroitin ,stretching(a good therapeutic massage therapist can work wonders with your calves without pulling on the achilles which is where my pain is most of the time)and just recently have started MSM. I went for my first walk in months Tuesday and it was wonderful.

Re: Carpal Tunnel and PF

maureen on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007785)

Scott, I have had carpal tunel syndrome for 15+ years. I am very careful about what I do using my wrists, and it has been years since I had a flare up. Yoga has given me strength back in my wrists which I had lost several years ago. My Pf only started about a year ago, very mild, and then flared into something to pay attention to 6 months ago.

Re: Carpal Tunnel and PF? yes!

Karen on 6/16/99 at 00:00 (007871)

Scott,
Yes I have pf now and had a successful carpal tunnel release done about 4 years ago. I also had a bone spur tear my rotator cuff. I'm now wearing birks 99%of the time, icing, glucosamine chondroitin ,stretching(a good therapeutic massage therapist can work wonders with your calves without pulling on the achilles which is where my pain is most of the time)and just recently have started MSM. I went for my first walk in months Tuesday and it was wonderful.