Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank you for the prompt responses and good advice!!!

Posted by Lanie on 6/14/99 at 00:00 (007804)

I was pleased with the prompt responses, I have posted to other boards and gotten much slower results. You have confimed my worst fears, there is no easy answer, it could get expensive, and I have to rest my feet (I have two teenagers and a toddler!!!) I appreciate the recommendations on inserts, I could never afford orhodics, are there any successful ready mades?

Re: Thank you for the prompt responses and good advice!!!

Jenny Lewis on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007829)

Hi Lanie

The Birks blue inserts helped me a lot. I now wear Birks shoes and sandals most of the time, but still use the inserts for a couple of pairs of shoes that they worked well with. Before I got them, I had also gone to a Scholls shop, they do inserts which were more expensive, but included in the price was a regular visit (every 6 weeks or so, I think) for any adjustments needed. This goes on for about a year. But then I tried the Birks blues and they felt MUCH more comfortable anyway, quite apart from being cheaper which was not the main consideration at the time, but it helped!

I also found inserts but cannot remember the make, in a pharmacy, the sort of place that does stethoscopes and bedpans and all sorts of other medical aids and supplies. It's quite a big place, I wandered around looking for arch supports, saw a sign in the distance that said 'Supports', beetled over, and found myself gazing upon acres of trusses. I was on my own so got a few funny looks when I burst out laughing... oh well.

jl

Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008072)

Jenny, I do appreciate your humor. Did you say you are in London? I didn't know the English humor was this sharp. I have not tried the Birk blue liners, but have used the very hard green liner that I believe was made by Spenco. I don't have them with me at this time and can't check. When my husband's back was bothering him and I was wearing my Birks, I told him to try my green inserts. He's never without them now. Ah, the aging process stinks!

Phyllis

Jenny Lewis on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007829)

Hi Lanie

The Birks blue inserts helped me a lot. I now wear Birks shoes and sandals most of the time, but still use the inserts for a couple of pairs of shoes that they worked well with. Before I got them, I had also gone to a Scholls shop, they do inserts which were more expensive, but included in the price was a regular visit (every 6 weeks or so, I think) for any adjustments needed. This goes on for about a year. But then I tried the Birks blues and they felt MUCH more comfortable anyway, quite apart from being cheaper which was not the main consideration at the time, but it helped!

I also found inserts but cannot remember the make, in a pharmacy, the sort of place that does stethoscopes and bedpans and all sorts of other medical aids and supplies. It's quite a big place, I wandered around looking for arch supports, saw a sign in the distance that said 'Supports', beetled over, and found myself gazing upon acres of trusses. I was on my own so got a few funny looks when I burst out laughing... oh well.

jl

Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008072)

Jenny, I do appreciate your humor. Did you say you are in London? I didn't know the English humor was this sharp. I have not tried the Birk blue liners, but have used the very hard green liner that I believe was made by Spenco. I don't have them with me at this time and can't check. When my husband's back was bothering him and I was wearing my Birks, I told him to try my green inserts. He's never without them now. Ah, the aging process stinks!

Phyllis