Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stress fracture

Posted by Mary on 6/15/99 at 00:00 (007853)

A friend of mine was experiencing heel pain similar to mine. Her pod sent her for a bone scan after she was dx. with heel spurs from an x-ray. Apparently she has a stress fracture on her right foot diagnosed from the bone scan not the x-ray. She wasn't told where it was - I suspect the heel, they cannot tell her how old it is. Her pod put her in a cast for three weeks. First it was a removable one but it didn't fit her. Does this sound right to anyone? I'm pretty skeptical. She found this out one week after her bone scan. Why didn't she get the results from her pod right away. Comments please.

Re: stress fracture

gail on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007951)

Suffered similar experience. Fell on steps May 9th. Had x-rays the following day, but they were negative. Four weeks later of limping around and working and listening to my husband telling me to 'walk it off', I went to orthopedic and he finally dianosed it as a stress fracture that only a bone scan would reveal. He diagnosed it by squeezing my heel in the office and me almost passing out with the pain. He put me in a removable boot cast and told me if it didn't work after 4 weeks that he would put me in a cast. I know that is what is going to happen because I have no relief. He said to stay off of it, but as a mother of two and a wife, I don't come by that luxury very easily. How is your friend doing?

Re: stress fracture

gail on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007951)

Suffered similar experience. Fell on steps May 9th. Had x-rays the following day, but they were negative. Four weeks later of limping around and working and listening to my husband telling me to 'walk it off', I went to orthopedic and he finally dianosed it as a stress fracture that only a bone scan would reveal. He diagnosed it by squeezing my heel in the office and me almost passing out with the pain. He put me in a removable boot cast and told me if it didn't work after 4 weeks that he would put me in a cast. I know that is what is going to happen because I have no relief. He said to stay off of it, but as a mother of two and a wife, I don't come by that luxury very easily. How is your friend doing?