Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kris, you're proof that Dr's don't know

Posted by Lee on 6/16/99 at 00:00 (007861)

You've go me beat. No casts or splints for me.
I think they just go down the list of possible treatment for PF and hope one of them works. I can't take off of work, I'm a hairstylist (self employed) If I don't work I wont be able to afford all this treatment for my foot. My foot is finally better, read my previous posts re: cream.
Hope it's permanent not temporary, time will tell.
On the channel 7 news in L.A. there was a segment on heel spurs.
They talked about Endoscopic surgery and said they had great results. Small incision, short recovery time. Sounds too good to be true. Anyway Dr. Nikravesh in Beverly Hills was the Dr. who did the surgery. Even if you don't live in L.A. I'm sure he could refer you to someone near you. That will probably be my next treatment of choice if my pain comes back. Anyway his number was (310) 278-5111
Hope this helps, it's obvious staying home and off your feet isn't helping. And who wants to stay off their feet anyway, I want to enjoy my life. Even with most of the pain gone, I'm so afraid one too many steps and it will come back, I get home from work and plop down on the sofa with ice and a foot roller. I want to be active again, I feel like my poor husband is married to an 80 year old.