Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great Physical Therapy

Posted by Roberta on 6/17/99 at 00:00 (007886)

Okay, so after being totally fed up with ridiculously unhelpful doctors and podiatrists I decided to go to a physical therapist recommended by a friend (and of course out of the range of my insurance). She calls herself an 'integrative' physical therapist. She totally analyses your biomechanics. Figuring, that it is probably faulty biomechanics somewhere that is causing injury. (Much better than just trying to alleviate the symptoms I think). So I am a mess, short legs, tight tight tight, various things turning inappropriate ways. Now we are slowly trying to fix things, so my body doesn't have to work so hard compensating for problems. Already just relieving the tightness in my hips and putting something in my shoes to get rid of a leg length descrepancy has made a ton of difference. (my right leg is shorter than my left, for some reason my podiatrist -without measuring - had decided my left leg was shorter and raised it, which of course just made my life pure hell)> Anyhow, if you can find someone who will take the time and analyse why exactly you got this injury, ie what is putting so much stress on the fascii then relieving that, I would highly recommend it.

Re: Great Physical Therapy

Judy on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007997)

Question??? How does one find an integrative physical therapist without a drs referral? Does insurance pay anything?

I was just cast for custom orthotics to the tune of $$$, but not one person in the pod's office has taken the time to watch me walk either in shoes or barefoot.

It sounds like many people have gotten good results from a sports medicine therapist.

Re: Great Physical Therapy

Judy on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007997)

Question??? How does one find an integrative physical therapist without a drs referral? Does insurance pay anything?

I was just cast for custom orthotics to the tune of $$$, but not one person in the pod's office has taken the time to watch me walk either in shoes or barefoot.

It sounds like many people have gotten good results from a sports medicine therapist.