Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sports medicine therapists also give great therapy!

Posted by Sandra Z. on 6/17/99 at 00:00 (007891)

I totally agree--I had completely unhelpful therapy (all patients with PF got the same sheet of exercises, no one watched me walk or tried to figure out why I was prone to this in the first place) at a therapist who mainly worked with older people and work comp claimants. Months later I went to a sports medicine therapist who did the same things your therapist did--tailored exercises to my body! I am not pain free but my pain is MUCH less--I can walk two miles at a fairly fast clip and not pay for it the next day. So, I've said it before but it bears repeating--beware therapists who don't watch you walk! Sport medicine therapists have to get their patients back to exercising or they'd be out of a job--athletes won't stand for no progress!

Re: sports medicine therapists also give great therapy!

Sarah on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007990)

The same ladies!! My dr. is in a Sports Med practice. They deal with getting athletes up and competeing again. My physical therapist was super great. Excellent advice there and custom excersices that she oversaw.

Re: sports medicine therapists also give great therapy!

Sarah on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007990)

The same ladies!! My dr. is in a Sports Med practice. They deal with getting athletes up and competeing again. My physical therapist was super great. Excellent advice there and custom excersices that she oversaw.