Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new here. PF in both feet and right knee pain

Posted by Jennifer on 6/17/99 at 00:00 (007893)

hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am 29 and have had PF for abt 3 yrs. I have orthotics that doesn't do to much for me. I have tried every anti-inflam out there. I am hoping to get some ideas from you. The podietrist said the 1st thing to do is loose the weight I have gained. I am 90-95 lbs overweight now. He said it would probally help alot. It was alot easier putting it on. Can anyone tell me abt the streching exercises for PF. Also, how well do they work? Any input would be helpfull. Thanks, Jen

Re: new here. PF in both feet and right knee pain

Maria on 6/18/99 at 00:00 (007901)

Call me for a free samples of Biofreeze Pain Gel at 1-800-BIOFREEZE, it is recommended by Podiatrists across the country.

Be sure to ask for me and let me know you heard about us on the internet!!

Maria

Bill on 6/19/99 at 00:00 (007913)

Jennifer: My DPM, Perry Julien of the Atlanta Foot & Ankle Center, has me doing stretching exercises using the FootFlex P.S.D. It's a patented device that stretches the muscles of the lower leg, decreaseing the tension on the PF. I had bouts of PF due to running and its allowed by to get back to normal. It costs about $30 and you can find it at http://www.selfsource.com . Let me know what you think. B

Robin on 6/19/99 at 00:00 (007928)

And now -- for a non-commercial response...

If you haven't read Scott's 18 page document, that's the first thing you must do. He discusses stretching, taping and a variety of treatment options you can consider, some medical and some not.

I have found about 90-95% of the people on this board use stretching. I am one of the minority who do MUCH better without it. When I use traditional stretching exercises, I don't move for the next two days. So, I have learned to do teeny-tiny calf stretches once a day and that's it -- and it's for my calves, not my feet. I also don't ice my feet very much -- they seem to be better at a constant 'room temperature' than icing and not, icing and not. I also wear Birkenstocks all the time and I use a LOT of glucosamine sulfate.

I think the real ticket is to try a bunch of things that may work for you and monitor your own results. If you have an orthopedic doc you like well enough, you might consult him or her. I have one for some knee trouble who gave me a sheet of additional leg and foot exercises I could try. Unfortunately, trial and error seems to be the most popular method.

Maria on 6/18/99 at 00:00 (007901)

Call me for a free samples of Biofreeze Pain Gel at 1-800-BIOFREEZE, it is recommended by Podiatrists across the country.

Be sure to ask for me and let me know you heard about us on the internet!!

Maria

Bill on 6/19/99 at 00:00 (007913)

Jennifer: My DPM, Perry Julien of the Atlanta Foot & Ankle Center, has me doing stretching exercises using the FootFlex P.S.D. It's a patented device that stretches the muscles of the lower leg, decreaseing the tension on the PF. I had bouts of PF due to running and its allowed by to get back to normal. It costs about $30 and you can find it at http://www.selfsource.com . Let me know what you think. B

Robin on 6/19/99 at 00:00 (007928)

And now -- for a non-commercial response...

If you haven't read Scott's 18 page document, that's the first thing you must do. He discusses stretching, taping and a variety of treatment options you can consider, some medical and some not.

I have found about 90-95% of the people on this board use stretching. I am one of the minority who do MUCH better without it. When I use traditional stretching exercises, I don't move for the next two days. So, I have learned to do teeny-tiny calf stretches once a day and that's it -- and it's for my calves, not my feet. I also don't ice my feet very much -- they seem to be better at a constant 'room temperature' than icing and not, icing and not. I also wear Birkenstocks all the time and I use a LOT of glucosamine sulfate.

I think the real ticket is to try a bunch of things that may work for you and monitor your own results. If you have an orthopedic doc you like well enough, you might consult him or her. I have one for some knee trouble who gave me a sheet of additional leg and foot exercises I could try. Unfortunately, trial and error seems to be the most popular method.