Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Immediate post-surg. pain

Posted by Jody on 6/18/99 at 00:00 (007903)

Hi! I had PF surgery this past Monday (5 days ago). I also had a spur filed down. I was encouraaged to walk after the first 24 hrs. and I have, but with a cane. There is no more pain when I am not walking and really not much pain in the heel when walking. But I still have a burning pain in my arch when walking. Will this go away? Is it normal this soon after surgery? I had it before the surgery, but not this bad. My podiatrist wants me to walk on it more and not use the cane. He says not to worry about the pain now, it's too soon and he wants me to walk to prevent too much scar tissue from building up. ANy help is appreciated.
Jody

Re: Immediate post-surg. pain

Martha on 6/19/99 at 00:00 (007915)

Jodi, I am considering the surgery and I said in response to Lori's comments. After the couple of surgeries I've had over the years for other things, I always take 400 i.u. of Vitamin E daily to prevent scar tissue internally and externally. I would also rub more Vit. E on the scar after stitches are out and healing has begun. I would continue the E indefinitely as it helps many things.

Re: Immediate post-surg. pain

Martha on 6/19/99 at 00:00 (007915)

Jodi, I am considering the surgery and I said in response to Lori's comments. After the couple of surgeries I've had over the years for other things, I always take 400 i.u. of Vitamin E daily to prevent scar tissue internally and externally. I would also rub more Vit. E on the scar after stitches are out and healing has begun. I would continue the E indefinitely as it helps many things.