Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

appointment scheduled with Dr. Baxter

Posted by janet on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007941)

Hi all,

After 5 years of PF pain and trying most treatments, conventional and alternative, I've decided to give surgery a serious consideration. I've scheduled an appt with Dr. Baxter for Sept 14th. I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad, from anyone who has seen him or been operated on by him. Thanks.

PS. The only treatment I haven't tried is shockwave therapy (Osssatron) and I'm working on getting scheduled for that with Dr. Galea in Toronto before I see Baxter.

Re: appointment scheduled with Dr. Baxter

Bea on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007945)

Do you have a phone number for the Ossatron people in Toronto?

Trish on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007956)

Who is Dr. Baxter?? I'm from Edmonton and heard from Dr. Barrett in Texas via email that Dr. Hartley Miltchin in Toronto is the expert in EPF. Dr. Barrett patented the technique and trained Miltchin plus several others in the U.S. Since you're from Toronto, I wondered if you knew anything about Miltchin. He's a podiatrist in Toronto. I flew out there to see him a couple of yrs. ago but decided against the surgery at that time. I still might go for it. Any info. you have would be appreciated. thanks.

ossatron on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007962)

With Dr. Baxters help we sold 2 ossatrons to Monterrey, Mex. Training with Dr. Schaden and perhaps Dr. Baxter is scheduled June 28 - 30. Perhaps you could be treated in Monterrey? The fee is $1,000 and there are still a few slots left.

SGTate on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007982)

I've seen Dr. Baxter twice and frankly haven't had the surgery because he seemed too casual about it; like it was no big deal. Frankly, after reading this website, no one can say it's no big deal. I met someone through this site who had the surgery with Baxter and she is still having problems. She cautioned me about surgery given the fact that all of your nerve endings end in the feet. Also, I talked with a mother here in our town whose daughter had Baxter do both feet 2 years ago. She can stand for over 30 minutes. You need to ask him the pre-surgery and post surgery rehab routine, what the chances of success are, etc. Given his busy schedule it will be hard to get clear answers, but his staff is good about answering questions. Good luck. Let me know what you decide through my e-mail.

janet on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008047)

The number for the Institute of Sports Med. in Toronto, which is where they do the Ossatron tx, is 416-620-6861. Ask for Donna. She's the intake person. Good luck with your PF I'll keep you posted on mine.

Bea on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007945)

Do you have a phone number for the Ossatron people in Toronto?

Trish on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007956)

Who is Dr. Baxter?? I'm from Edmonton and heard from Dr. Barrett in Texas via email that Dr. Hartley Miltchin in Toronto is the expert in EPF. Dr. Barrett patented the technique and trained Miltchin plus several others in the U.S. Since you're from Toronto, I wondered if you knew anything about Miltchin. He's a podiatrist in Toronto. I flew out there to see him a couple of yrs. ago but decided against the surgery at that time. I still might go for it. Any info. you have would be appreciated. thanks.

ossatron on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007962)

With Dr. Baxters help we sold 2 ossatrons to Monterrey, Mex. Training with Dr. Schaden and perhaps Dr. Baxter is scheduled June 28 - 30. Perhaps you could be treated in Monterrey? The fee is $1,000 and there are still a few slots left.

SGTate on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007982)

I've seen Dr. Baxter twice and frankly haven't had the surgery because he seemed too casual about it; like it was no big deal. Frankly, after reading this website, no one can say it's no big deal. I met someone through this site who had the surgery with Baxter and she is still having problems. She cautioned me about surgery given the fact that all of your nerve endings end in the feet. Also, I talked with a mother here in our town whose daughter had Baxter do both feet 2 years ago. She can stand for over 30 minutes. You need to ask him the pre-surgery and post surgery rehab routine, what the chances of success are, etc. Given his busy schedule it will be hard to get clear answers, but his staff is good about answering questions. Good luck. Let me know what you decide through my e-mail.

janet on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008047)

The number for the Institute of Sports Med. in Toronto, which is where they do the Ossatron tx, is 416-620-6861. Ask for Donna. She's the intake person. Good luck with your PF I'll keep you posted on mine.