Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

One shot can be a cure, for some people

Posted by Sandra Z on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007942)

How did your daughter's wrist respond to the shot? I ask because the general tone of this board is VERY anti-shot, and people shouldn't be afraid to TRY the shot, for when it works, it's like a miracle cure. My husband ruptured a disk and couldn't stand up (he listed to one side) and had terrible pain--one shot in the back cured it, and that was four years ago! I had a single shot cure a frozen shoulder. And I had one shot cure my plantar fasciitis for six months, and I suspect it would have remained cured, but I stupidly went jogging on a beach without stretching (and the first time out I jogged 45 minutes!).

You are absolutely right that many shots can destroy your tissue and must be avoided, and some doctors want to pass out shots like they are candy. But I think it's worth trying one shot--and I don't want readers of this board to decide that the shots must be avoided at all costs, for a shot can cure some people!

Re: One shot can be a cure, for some people

BarbJ on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007943)

There was temporary relief.

Perhaps there is a difference in where it is injected. On my daughter it was injected into the joint in her wrist. Perhaps that is why he said three times in a lifetime. Is it injected into a bone joint in the foot?

Re: One shot can be a cure, for some people

BarbJ on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007943)

There was temporary relief.

Perhaps there is a difference in where it is injected. On my daughter it was injected into the joint in her wrist. Perhaps that is why he said three times in a lifetime. Is it injected into a bone joint in the foot?