Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need to find shoes in Southern Calif... I am tired of tennies!

Posted by Kris on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007944)

I have worn tennies since Nov with my orthotics. Since I have tried casting, night splints, P.T., orthotics, iceing, taping, cortisone, pain killers, stretching etc. I thought I would look into Birks, Mephistos, or Danskos for some other types of shoes, maybe sandals.

Can anyone recommend a place in Southern California (Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario) area that I could find a selection to try on? I would love to wear sandals this summer, but feel right now I cant go without orthotics or some type of good support. Thanks.....
Kris

Re: Need to find shoes in Southern Calif... I am tired of tennies!

Jean on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007955)

I have been going to the Running Center on Alabama in Redlands, for athletic-type shoes and have been very pleased with how careful they have been in fitting me with the right shoes. Sorry, I can't remember the exact address, but if interested, I'm sure you could get their phone number from information. I live in your general area and have also been looking for a good shoe store to purchase sandals...specifically,Birks. I am really interested in the responses you get!!

Kris on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007957)

Check out the message right above my message. From Scott entitled '2 more methods'. I went to the Naot shoe web page. They have lots of sandals ( none really my style). I would also be hesitant to buy them without trying them on of course. But they did have a lot of styles under womens sandals. Let me know what you think. Kris

Jean on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (008000)

The Naots sandals look pretty good, but I don't like to buy shoes without trying them on first. I am going to try and find them in a retail store.

penny on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008325)

girl i know what you maen and tennis shoes are not very fashinable with all styles of clothes I found a pair of shoes through my hairstylin supply person maybe your hairstylist they are called ANYWEARS they come in many different solors about 15 -20 colors but they look like clogs they are spongy and they have shock absorbing type material they are not hard bottomed when you walk or stand for long periods of time it can be HELL but the shoes seem to give with the weight of your body and flex i'm not into bulky shoes or clog type but as you know you have to do whatever you can talk to someone about them and try the malls they are sold for about 45-50 dollars it was the best thing I have found for now if I rememeber and you e mail me I will try to get the address of the company but you really need to feel them for yourself Good Luck Penny

Jean on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007955)

I have been going to the Running Center on Alabama in Redlands, for athletic-type shoes and have been very pleased with how careful they have been in fitting me with the right shoes. Sorry, I can't remember the exact address, but if interested, I'm sure you could get their phone number from information. I live in your general area and have also been looking for a good shoe store to purchase sandals...specifically,Birks. I am really interested in the responses you get!!

Kris on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007957)

Check out the message right above my message. From Scott entitled '2 more methods'. I went to the Naot shoe web page. They have lots of sandals ( none really my style). I would also be hesitant to buy them without trying them on of course. But they did have a lot of styles under womens sandals. Let me know what you think. Kris

Jean on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (008000)

The Naots sandals look pretty good, but I don't like to buy shoes without trying them on first. I am going to try and find them in a retail store.

penny on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008325)

girl i know what you maen and tennis shoes are not very fashinable with all styles of clothes I found a pair of shoes through my hairstylin supply person maybe your hairstylist they are called ANYWEARS they come in many different solors about 15 -20 colors but they look like clogs they are spongy and they have shock absorbing type material they are not hard bottomed when you walk or stand for long periods of time it can be HELL but the shoes seem to give with the weight of your body and flex i'm not into bulky shoes or clog type but as you know you have to do whatever you can talk to someone about them and try the malls they are sold for about 45-50 dollars it was the best thing I have found for now if I rememeber and you e mail me I will try to get the address of the company but you really need to feel them for yourself Good Luck Penny