Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

happy, healthy feet or Disney World?

Posted by andi k on 6/20/99 at 00:00 (007952)

If you ask me, you have no choice here but to hope for the best with your feet and DO NOT sit out for anything on your vacation. Disney is truly one of the happiest places on earth. I went (for about the 20th time) in February and my pf foot was in horrible shape at that time, but I was having so much fun with my kids and husband that it did not phase me (until I got on the plane to come home.) The thing is, I don't really remember hobbling around with the pf, but I remember EVERYTHING else. Try alternating shoes each day. It may help you cope with the pain. ENJOY YOURSELF-YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Re: happy, healthy feet or Disney World?

Kris on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007958)

I am planning to visit Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and Universal Studios in the next few weeks with relatives from out of town. There is NO WAY I can imagine walking all over those places in my condition. Heck, I can barely stand up long enought to shower and shave! I plan to use a wheelchair to save my feet. I don't need to aggravate the condition any further. Rolling in a wheelchair from place to place I can enjoy the sights and not miss out on the fun of all the rides!

Renee on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007959)

Good for you!!! Disney may have electric chairs available like they have at Wal-Mart. I have found the carts to be life-savers in the Supercenter. I would call customer service at Disney and find out if they are available.If not you might be able to rent one from your local medical supply store. Good Luck and Happy Hobbling to You!!!

Kris on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007958)

I am planning to visit Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and Universal Studios in the next few weeks with relatives from out of town. There is NO WAY I can imagine walking all over those places in my condition. Heck, I can barely stand up long enought to shower and shave! I plan to use a wheelchair to save my feet. I don't need to aggravate the condition any further. Rolling in a wheelchair from place to place I can enjoy the sights and not miss out on the fun of all the rides!

Renee on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007959)

Good for you!!! Disney may have electric chairs available like they have at Wal-Mart. I have found the carts to be life-savers in the Supercenter. I would call customer service at Disney and find out if they are available.If not you might be able to rent one from your local medical supply store. Good Luck and Happy Hobbling to You!!!