Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Roberta

Posted by Gordon on 6/21/99 at 00:00 (007971)

I was just kidding (typical male exageration) about 'uphill both ways in snow and ice'.

Sounds like your doing well yourself. I see that you have only had this problem for a relatively short time but have handled it very well.

How long have you been working on your masters in Nutrition and are you doing your thesis on this foot problem?

I don't know if you ever read my history but if your intereseted I'll repost. In summary, I had it really bad. Was in a wheelchair and didn't walk hardly at all for over a year. Tried every nearly every method talked about, all types of therapies, Mayo clinic etc. and got nowhere until I focused on nutrition, vitamins, and exercise. I don't beleive it is a foot problem or structural problem of any sort. Of course the problem occurs when the streses on the body are high but I think the structural loads only agrivate an underlying biochemical problem.

I beleive that your pursuit of a career in nutrition will pay off. The reality of nutritional healing in the US is still in its' infancy and will continue to grow for years to come.

Gordon

Re: Roberta

Roberta on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008028)

Wow, your story sounds pretty incredible. I am currently working on prerequistes, but I have done a bunch of reading about nutrition and have taken lots of anatomy/physiology classes. I am going to focus on a 'natropathic' type of nutrition and wish to use nutrition for disease control and healing. Or simply to improve the quality of life, I know so many people who live uncomfortably because of how they eat. In fact, the more I learn about nutrition, the more I wonder how american can survive as well as they do on our current diet.

I fully believe that what people eat is the primary cause of the majority of diseases. However, I have never related it to physical injury (except perhaps lack of protein or vitamins causing injury due to weak tissue) so I find your story very interesting. You said earlier you play soccer right? So were you pretty active before you got PF? If I do a thesis (I think I am going to do clinical work instead) I would probably do it on the effects of nutrition of exercise/endurance etc. Hopefully by then my foot problems (and yours as well) will simply be a not so fond memory, perhaps a reminder of the results of not treating one's body with care and dignity. Best of luck.

Re: Roberta

Roberta on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008028)

Wow, your story sounds pretty incredible. I am currently working on prerequistes, but I have done a bunch of reading about nutrition and have taken lots of anatomy/physiology classes. I am going to focus on a 'natropathic' type of nutrition and wish to use nutrition for disease control and healing. Or simply to improve the quality of life, I know so many people who live uncomfortably because of how they eat. In fact, the more I learn about nutrition, the more I wonder how american can survive as well as they do on our current diet.

I fully believe that what people eat is the primary cause of the majority of diseases. However, I have never related it to physical injury (except perhaps lack of protein or vitamins causing injury due to weak tissue) so I find your story very interesting. You said earlier you play soccer right? So were you pretty active before you got PF? If I do a thesis (I think I am going to do clinical work instead) I would probably do it on the effects of nutrition of exercise/endurance etc. Hopefully by then my foot problems (and yours as well) will simply be a not so fond memory, perhaps a reminder of the results of not treating one's body with care and dignity. Best of luck.