Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

No waiting in line at Disney? . . . .

Posted by Carol E. on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008012)

At the risk of being pelted with rotten eggs-----after standing in line at Disney for 2-3 hours for some of the rides, I deeply resent ANYONE being ushered right in for the ride whether they are in a wheelchair or not. Well, maybe if it were a wheelchaired person by themselves but if they are with their whole family, I think that the wheelchaired person should be taken up to the door where they should wait for their family to stand in line just like anyone else and then they can go in together. Sorry to sound like a weinie about this but it is no fun for ANYONE to stand in that line for hours on end and if all of the handicapped people and their families are butting in line. . . . .well. . . .no wonder we have to stand there for an eternity!!!

Re: No waiting in line at Disney? . . . .

Molly on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008020)

Just to clear up the wheelchair thing at Disney, the reason they are ushered to the front is because on some of those rides at Epcot (can't speak for the other parks), the wheelchair has to be rolled up into a special car that folds down, and you have to wait for that special car to come through on those rides where the cars are continuous. I remembered being at the front of the line with the wheelchair and being asked to wait to one side for that special car to appear. Granted sometimes it was only 5 or 10 minutes, but they have to know a wheelchair person is there so that's why they're in the front. Okay, so it's quite a deal not waiting the 2 to 3 hours the other folks are, but what are you gonna do?

Re: No waiting in line at Disney? . . . .

Molly on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008020)

Just to clear up the wheelchair thing at Disney, the reason they are ushered to the front is because on some of those rides at Epcot (can't speak for the other parks), the wheelchair has to be rolled up into a special car that folds down, and you have to wait for that special car to come through on those rides where the cars are continuous. I remembered being at the front of the line with the wheelchair and being asked to wait to one side for that special car to appear. Granted sometimes it was only 5 or 10 minutes, but they have to know a wheelchair person is there so that's why they're in the front. Okay, so it's quite a deal not waiting the 2 to 3 hours the other folks are, but what are you gonna do?