Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I have that book Roberta

Posted by Sarah on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008031)

I own this book and used the diet for about two months last fall when my sinuses were killing me. According to the book my blood type (B) should not consume whole wheat flour among many other things which have resulted in problems in sinuses. Interestingly enough, my sister who suffers from sinus problems and who has B blood type too went to an allergist who said that she was very allergic to wheat which results in her sinus problems. Anyway, my next door neighbor goes to a special dr. who is practicing the theroy of that book (very involved but her dr. did a whole blood test, hair test analysis and prescribed a set diet for her) and recommend I try it. Much to my surprise my sinuses improved dramatically. I will say that I lost the desire to put so much time into shopping for all of the special food required by this diet. For example, try finding food that isn't made with some corn product!! I had to shop at health food stores and it became very expensive. But I do know that it is there and i my sinuses flare up again, as they do every fall, I can revert back to this diet. Sarah

Re: I have that book Roberta

Roberta on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008033)

Yes, you have to pretty much stop buying processed food. I don't shop in regular grocery stores any more. In fact when I do go in one now, I can never find anything to buy. The other problem is that it's hard to just go out and grab a bite. Every type of snack food has wheat in it (or corn). But once you get used to it, it's actually pretty easy. I used to live on peanut butter. Now when I eat it I notice my body can hardly digest it. Plus, the benefits are so great. I have so much more energy now than I used to.

Re: I have that book Roberta

Roberta on 6/22/99 at 00:00 (008033)

Yes, you have to pretty much stop buying processed food. I don't shop in regular grocery stores any more. In fact when I do go in one now, I can never find anything to buy. The other problem is that it's hard to just go out and grab a bite. Every type of snack food has wheat in it (or corn). But once you get used to it, it's actually pretty easy. I used to live on peanut butter. Now when I eat it I notice my body can hardly digest it. Plus, the benefits are so great. I have so much more energy now than I used to.