Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Misery Loves Company

Posted by Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008066)

I wish I had discovered this page a long time ago. How great it is to see I'm not along in my suffering and to hear such great suggestions and be able to help people out. Maybe we should have a convention or meeting of the feet somewhere, to compare our Birks, etc. We could all hobble around and check everything out first hand.

Phyllis

Re: Misery Loves Company

Sarah on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008069)

I don't think there is a place in the world that has enough wheel chairs, ice, or ibuprofen. Oh wait- a hospital perhaps!!! Just kidding. All joking aside, welcome. I have found very beneficial information here and I am getting ready to order the Ibuprofen cream linked to this site.

Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008071)

Sarah, I haven't decided to go the cream route yet, but may in the not too distant future. I am going to try to contact the NAOT company. From what I see on their web page they are located in St. Louis, Missouri and I happen to be in St. Louis County. I don't know if they are a retail place or not. I have spent a fantastic amount of money and while sitting waiting for my podiatrist appointment in the fall of 1997 a lady in her 20's came in to pick up her Birks from the Pod. Seeing she already had a pair on, I asked her if she liked them and she said she felt they had saved her life as far as her feet were concerned. A woman in her late 60's was also sitting there and said there was no way she would spend that kind of money on shoes. The younger lady's statement back was that she would spend anything she had to to have her feet feel better. AMEN! My first Birks were through the podiatrist who made a plaster mold and then sent it somewhere where the Birks were custom made with the orthodic in the sole. I really don't like the sofe blue shoe liner in them, but then I am certainly no fashion plate, never was and don't intend to start at the ripe age of 60!!

Phyllis

Sarah on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008089)

I bought Birks back in college before i was diagnosed with feet problems. I thought they were both uncomfortable then and unattractive. My sister swore by them. Oddly enough, I put mine in a donation bag to Volunteers of America last summer just a few months before I was officially diagnosed. Who knew??? Oh well, perhaps there is some poor person out there with more comfortable feet because of me. Price isn't the issue. Your only given one pair of feet and some things in life are worth paying for. Cheers

Sarah on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008069)

I don't think there is a place in the world that has enough wheel chairs, ice, or ibuprofen. Oh wait- a hospital perhaps!!! Just kidding. All joking aside, welcome. I have found very beneficial information here and I am getting ready to order the Ibuprofen cream linked to this site.

Phyllis on 6/23/99 at 00:00 (008071)

Sarah, I haven't decided to go the cream route yet, but may in the not too distant future. I am going to try to contact the NAOT company. From what I see on their web page they are located in St. Louis, Missouri and I happen to be in St. Louis County. I don't know if they are a retail place or not. I have spent a fantastic amount of money and while sitting waiting for my podiatrist appointment in the fall of 1997 a lady in her 20's came in to pick up her Birks from the Pod. Seeing she already had a pair on, I asked her if she liked them and she said she felt they had saved her life as far as her feet were concerned. A woman in her late 60's was also sitting there and said there was no way she would spend that kind of money on shoes. The younger lady's statement back was that she would spend anything she had to to have her feet feel better. AMEN! My first Birks were through the podiatrist who made a plaster mold and then sent it somewhere where the Birks were custom made with the orthodic in the sole. I really don't like the sofe blue shoe liner in them, but then I am certainly no fashion plate, never was and don't intend to start at the ripe age of 60!!

Phyllis

Sarah on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008089)

I bought Birks back in college before i was diagnosed with feet problems. I thought they were both uncomfortable then and unattractive. My sister swore by them. Oddly enough, I put mine in a donation bag to Volunteers of America last summer just a few months before I was officially diagnosed. Who knew??? Oh well, perhaps there is some poor person out there with more comfortable feet because of me. Price isn't the issue. Your only given one pair of feet and some things in life are worth paying for. Cheers