Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RELIEF!!!

Posted by Darrell on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008081)

I started to write to several of you who have posted to tell you of my relief. I have the curse for about 5 years and tried everything except surgery. None of it worked for very long and it always came back worse. In Dec. I tried taping and then wearing a strap around the arch and heel and have been almost pain free since January. I still get twinges of pain sometimes but can certainly live with that. I had it very severe. As I was saying, I started to write to you individually but found that there werer too many people suffering so here is the good news that worked for me. Feel free to ask me any ?'s
Dan

Re: RELIEF!!!

rina on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008083)

hi dan,
i am new to this website and am crying as I am reading all the postings. 5 years, 10 years..I have had PF for 2months and am losing my mind! i can't have this forever! any ideas on how to keep it from plagueing me forever? tomorrow i am 'running' to the store to buy Birks...what else could i do?
also, my pain is more on my arch than on my heel. anyone else have the arch thing more than the heel thing?

Phyllis on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008096)

Rina, unfortunately I think you will find the pain travels - now the arch, now the heel, now the calf, etc., etc., etc. I am a firm believer in Birks and socks that have a tighter elasticized fit around the instep. They have certainly relieved me. Also the very hard inserts (mine are green on top and may be Spenco, but I'm not sure) that you can get at pharmacies that sell medical specialty goods. You can't get them at just any foot stuff counter.

Good luck. Hope you find 'the cure' for you.

Bobbi on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008102)

Hi Phyllis, I read your posting and sure know how you feel. I have had the arch and heel pain off and on for over a year. Had the shots--not much help--now am wearing an orthotic--trying to wear comfortable shoes ( I am waiting for my Birk's catalog). I think the stretching, iceing, and resting the foot is helping--at least until I try to spend a whole day on my feet. One thing that might help is rolling a soup can under your foot while your watching tv or reading. This actually massages you arch--it has helped me some. This sight is also a big help and folks share there ideas. Good luck--and hang in there. Bobbi

Judy on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008109)

What kind of strap do you use? Does it just goes over the top of your foot and then around you heel? Can you use an Ace bandage? Thanks for the infor.

Bea on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008117)

Some have used a frozen coke bottle to roll their foot on. 2 for theprice of 1,excercise and icing at the same time.

Nicki on 6/25/99 at 00:00 (008125)

YEs! I have it in my arch. I got a message from Scott who said it sounds like arthritis. Today I went our and bought a pair of TAtami Birks. They seem to be pretty happy so far. I'm wondering about massaging, rubbing, and exercising--if it will make it hurt more or if it will help. I wonder. Good luck with your quest.

rina on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008083)

hi dan,
i am new to this website and am crying as I am reading all the postings. 5 years, 10 years..I have had PF for 2months and am losing my mind! i can't have this forever! any ideas on how to keep it from plagueing me forever? tomorrow i am 'running' to the store to buy Birks...what else could i do?
also, my pain is more on my arch than on my heel. anyone else have the arch thing more than the heel thing?

Phyllis on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008096)

Rina, unfortunately I think you will find the pain travels - now the arch, now the heel, now the calf, etc., etc., etc. I am a firm believer in Birks and socks that have a tighter elasticized fit around the instep. They have certainly relieved me. Also the very hard inserts (mine are green on top and may be Spenco, but I'm not sure) that you can get at pharmacies that sell medical specialty goods. You can't get them at just any foot stuff counter.

Good luck. Hope you find 'the cure' for you.

Bobbi on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008102)

Hi Phyllis, I read your posting and sure know how you feel. I have had the arch and heel pain off and on for over a year. Had the shots--not much help--now am wearing an orthotic--trying to wear comfortable shoes ( I am waiting for my Birk's catalog). I think the stretching, iceing, and resting the foot is helping--at least until I try to spend a whole day on my feet. One thing that might help is rolling a soup can under your foot while your watching tv or reading. This actually massages you arch--it has helped me some. This sight is also a big help and folks share there ideas. Good luck--and hang in there. Bobbi

Judy on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008109)

What kind of strap do you use? Does it just goes over the top of your foot and then around you heel? Can you use an Ace bandage? Thanks for the infor.

Bea on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008117)

Some have used a frozen coke bottle to roll their foot on. 2 for theprice of 1,excercise and icing at the same time.

Nicki on 6/25/99 at 00:00 (008125)

YEs! I have it in my arch. I got a message from Scott who said it sounds like arthritis. Today I went our and bought a pair of TAtami Birks. They seem to be pretty happy so far. I'm wondering about massaging, rubbing, and exercising--if it will make it hurt more or if it will help. I wonder. Good luck with your quest.