Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strategically Earned Relief

Posted by Kerry on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008087)

Exactly one year ago I found this site because I was at my wits end trying to deal with the debilitating pain in my feet (mainly right foot). I was depressed and not wanting to do ANYTHING but the minimum due to pain. I had intense morning pain. I had tried custom shoes, wide men's shoes, heel cups, etc. I was thinking surgery, until I read this site and decided to give myself a year to 'heal'. Here's what I did: I stretched every morning with a tape, I had a night splint made and wore it every night for about five months, I took two Aleve every morning and every night, I also took Vitamin E and Glucosamine every day, I wore the Arizona style Birkinstock at first exclusively and then was able to wear the other Classic footbed Birks (for me that is the only footbed that alleviated my pain), I never went barefoot, constantly was conscious of my arches such as when squatting or walking on uneven ground. Now, the good news:) I do not have any pain at all this summer. I still stretch some, I still take the Glucosamine and Vitamin E., I still wear Birks exclusively. Another note....I had already obtained a significant amount of relief by about six months. Then I began to lose weight. I have lost about 30 pounds, from about 165 lbs. to 135 lbs. and my foot felt better with each pound I lost. For me, there was no quick cure. I had to take a real proactive approach, but it paid off. I hope my advice helps someone who feels as discouraged as I did this time last year. Keep trying!

Re: Strategically Earned Relief

Ann on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008090)

Kerry, help, how did you lose the weight? I have gained 20 pounds since last summer when I had to give up walking and any type of exercise. Between my foot and my weight, I am totally obsessed. Otherwise, I have such a wonderful life. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kerry on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008170)

I started using an all natural supplement called Metabolife. For me, it has been wonderful. It effectively curbs my appetite (I take one and a half tablets when I first get up and another one and a half tablets at noon. This gives me self control through the rest of the day.) I consistently lost about 3-5 pounds a month with no exercise and no battle with wanting to eat more. I lost about 18 pounds from November though April. Then, due to another health problem, I had to go on a 'no sugar at all' diet. I lost another 12 pounds in two months and Metabolife helped me not crave the sugar. Look Metabolife up on the internet. You can get 90 tablets for under $40. Good luck. Losing weight without exercise always seemed impossible, but this stuff actually causes you to burn calories. Amazing!

Caution on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008415)

Metabolife can be a very dangerous supplement, it has been linked to hospitalizations and even as contributing to deaths. It contains an herb which is a 'natural' alternative to SPEED, and is extremely dangerous to persons with any possibility of heart problems. The fact that it is often used outside the care of a physician is another reason for caution. Yes, it boosts your metabolism and curbs your appetite, so does exercise. I encourage anyone taking this substance to check frequently with your physician.

Ann on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008090)

Kerry, help, how did you lose the weight? I have gained 20 pounds since last summer when I had to give up walking and any type of exercise. Between my foot and my weight, I am totally obsessed. Otherwise, I have such a wonderful life. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kerry on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008170)

I started using an all natural supplement called Metabolife. For me, it has been wonderful. It effectively curbs my appetite (I take one and a half tablets when I first get up and another one and a half tablets at noon. This gives me self control through the rest of the day.) I consistently lost about 3-5 pounds a month with no exercise and no battle with wanting to eat more. I lost about 18 pounds from November though April. Then, due to another health problem, I had to go on a 'no sugar at all' diet. I lost another 12 pounds in two months and Metabolife helped me not crave the sugar. Look Metabolife up on the internet. You can get 90 tablets for under $40. Good luck. Losing weight without exercise always seemed impossible, but this stuff actually causes you to burn calories. Amazing!

Caution on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008415)

Metabolife can be a very dangerous supplement, it has been linked to hospitalizations and even as contributing to deaths. It contains an herb which is a 'natural' alternative to SPEED, and is extremely dangerous to persons with any possibility of heart problems. The fact that it is often used outside the care of a physician is another reason for caution. Yes, it boosts your metabolism and curbs your appetite, so does exercise. I encourage anyone taking this substance to check frequently with your physician.