Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: BRIGHT Birks, nubby massage Birks

Posted by Maura on 6/24/99 at 00:00 (008120)

Jenny, how varied is the selection of Birkenstocks in London for you? There are some REALLY bright variations of Birkies available here, in the 'Birkoflor' material (that is their fake leather material). I have 4 pairs of Birkies (have had a total of 7), plus the nubby Birkies massage sandals (which are not for wearing out and about, but just for 20 minutes to an hour at a time, with socks, but give a lovely massage to the feet). I have a pair from the Papilio line, last season's, that look like the classic Arizonas (double strap, no rear strap), but are royal blue in color, with bright clip-on, optional buttons (either blue or bright orange; without the buttons you see the black buckles, so three 'looks' are possible). This style came in royal blue or in red, I think. Last year and this year I've seen many fake leopard or tiger-type Birks, silver Birks, wild rainbow Birkis (the waterproof sandal), etc. Get the catalog, and, if possible, check for sales of last year's trendy Birkenstocks, which change each year.

Jenny Lewis on 6/25/99 at 00:00 (008138)

Hi Maura

Well, there are some brighter colours, in the plastic/rubbery stuff for beaches and swimming and things. I tried on a pair but they felt a bit toooo plastic for normal day to day wear. When I first went to get some they had a pair of the Papillio very very reduced price, and they felt wonderful, so I bought them. I think they are my favourite so far - somewhere between closed sandals and open-toed shoes. Then I got two closed pairs for cold weather, and my latest acquisition is a pair of Milano sandals. I'm still wearing those in, they are now softening and shaping up nicely.

But the colours I have bought have been dark blue and black, twice each! They did have some rust kind of red ones recently and some yellow, but they didn't feel quite right. I love the idea of the clip on buttons. Inspiration - I will buy some hair bows or clip on somethings, and do my own variations! Why not.

Hooray, nearly time to hobble home, Friday afternoon and all is quiet here, some people tend to start their weekends early. So, I might as well.

Jenny Lewis on 6/25/99 at 00:00 (008138)

Hi Maura

Well, there are some brighter colours, in the plastic/rubbery stuff for beaches and swimming and things. I tried on a pair but they felt a bit toooo plastic for normal day to day wear. When I first went to get some they had a pair of the Papillio very very reduced price, and they felt wonderful, so I bought them. I think they are my favourite so far - somewhere between closed sandals and open-toed shoes. Then I got two closed pairs for cold weather, and my latest acquisition is a pair of Milano sandals. I'm still wearing those in, they are now softening and shaping up nicely.

But the colours I have bought have been dark blue and black, twice each! They did have some rust kind of red ones recently and some yellow, but they didn't feel quite right. I love the idea of the clip on buttons. Inspiration - I will buy some hair bows or clip on somethings, and do my own variations! Why not.

Hooray, nearly time to hobble home, Friday afternoon and all is quiet here, some people tend to start their weekends early. So, I might as well.