Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What my ortho Dr. just told me, re: my PF

Posted by Kris on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008174)

I just had my follow-up appt with my ortho Dr. yesterday. He said we have basically exhausted all non-invasive treatments. I have tried P.T., stretching, iceing, taping, night splints, cast, ankle braces, orthotics, Birks, 2 cortisone shots, RX pain killers, glucosimine chrondritan along with MSM, off work for the last 4 mos to rest my feet, etc. I have NO relief from any of the above. I still have the same level of pain that I had when I first started all of these treatments. I feel like I am still at square one.
He wants me to see a rheumatologist to rule out rheumatoid athritis before doing surgery. He really isn't pro-surgery but feels I have not responded to any treatment yet. He says my case is a-typical because MOST patients do respond to something. He would only do one foot at a time, and he would not do the EPF surgery but the other kind.
Any comments?

Re: What my ortho Dr. just told me, re: my PF

Scott on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008175)

The list of treatments you describe doesn't include anything for inflammation. It could be that if you can get the inflammation to go down, then the pain would subside. I would immediately try Bromelain, pancreatic enzymes, DMSO, elevating the foot above the heart for two days, and ibuprofen.

Dr. Simon Parsons on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008186)

Do not have surgery - try the Ossatron, see my comment on the message board.

suzi on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008217)

Kris, my comment is that your doctor's comment about your case being 'a-typical' is IDIOTIC!!! I cannot stand doctors who make such statements, they just don't know how to treat pf and blame it on the patient when their treatments don't work! Please try the ossatron before surgery, it has helped my foot a great deal. I had surgery before the ossatron and it wasn't a success!
good luck

John on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009091)

did i not read that the protocol for treating PF with the ossatron is that you (1) have a heel spur as seen on x-ray (2) pain when first getting up and a few other symptons which i cannot remember. This would rule out many of us who do not meet the criteria.

Scott on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008175)

The list of treatments you describe doesn't include anything for inflammation. It could be that if you can get the inflammation to go down, then the pain would subside. I would immediately try Bromelain, pancreatic enzymes, DMSO, elevating the foot above the heart for two days, and ibuprofen.

Dr. Simon Parsons on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008186)

Do not have surgery - try the Ossatron, see my comment on the message board.

suzi on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008217)

Kris, my comment is that your doctor's comment about your case being 'a-typical' is IDIOTIC!!! I cannot stand doctors who make such statements, they just don't know how to treat pf and blame it on the patient when their treatments don't work! Please try the ossatron before surgery, it has helped my foot a great deal. I had surgery before the ossatron and it wasn't a success!
good luck

John on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009091)

did i not read that the protocol for treating PF with the ossatron is that you (1) have a heel spur as seen on x-ray (2) pain when first getting up and a few other symptons which i cannot remember. This would rule out many of us who do not meet the criteria.