Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks rank very low

Posted by Scott on 6/26/99 at 00:00 (008200)

My apologies to those who bought Birkenstocks as a result of visiting this site. Already, with only 10 responses, we have a statistically significant 'bad' success rate for the birks: 80% failure rate plus or minus 20%, which is worse than most treatments. I had been swayed by previous message board discussions. Negative experiences with the birks were not being reported here very often: we usually see only positive comments, or at least we interpret them as positive because they are being discussed. I greatly reduced my positive statements in the documents and will eliminate them once more people respond to confirm the negativity. 10 votes isn't very many eventhough my math says it's enough. Please keep placing your votes so that I can get a more accurate number.

Re: Birks rank very low

Jennifer on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008239)

I also have had no success with using the birks. I were the sandals from the time I get out of bed and I were the birki's clogs at work. So my feet are always in them and I have had no relief. It was worth a shot though. By the way, I've had it for over 2 years and have had P.T., 5 shots(4 in one foot), saline injections, taping, rest, ice, stretching, oral steriods, night splints, ultra sound and a cast. Nothing has helped. I will be looking into the ossatron next.

Re: Birks rank very low

Jennifer on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008239)

I also have had no success with using the birks. I were the sandals from the time I get out of bed and I were the birki's clogs at work. So my feet are always in them and I have had no relief. It was worth a shot though. By the way, I've had it for over 2 years and have had P.T., 5 shots(4 in one foot), saline injections, taping, rest, ice, stretching, oral steriods, night splints, ultra sound and a cast. Nothing has helped. I will be looking into the ossatron next.