Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My heels are healed

Posted by Debbie on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008227)

After 6 months of PF from running I ordered a Pilates Performer so I could do non weight bearing excercise since even walking was terribly painful. I immediately started to improve with the warmup feet excercises and the cooldown 'running', so I repeated that part of the routine very frequently during the day and was amazed when the pain went away after about a month. That was two years ago, I still use the machine daily and now I can run again. My husband thought it was a coincidence but then he got PF and I made him use the Pilates and he was healed in about two weeks. Now a friend has my Pilates as she got PF from running and it has only been a week but she has seen definite improvement.It is not cheap about 350 dollars and you can order on Internet using Pilates key word. I do not work for this company but I thank them daily as I can walk and run now.There is an 800 number for the company 1-800-3757520, I am going to ask them to look into this. Please post a note if any tries this and gets better, it saved my life.

Re: My heels are healed

Sue on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008241)

Can you tell us what kind of machine this is? I could not get the site using keyword Pilates.

Debbie on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008242)

This machine is a home version of a physio machine made by a Joseph Pilate 75 years ago. It was used by ballet dancers and others. There apparently are Pilate Studios in big cities and they are trendy. I recently read about celebrities using them in People Magazine. But the home one is a cushioned platform that you lie on with four bungee type cords for resistance and a foot bar you push against.There is about a 20 minute workout to do but the foot ones can be done in about 2 minutes.I bought my machine through the HOme Shopping Network here in Canada not expexcting to help my feet but just so I could excercise. I didn't really even believe it till it heped my husband and now a friend.It really is just stretching against resistance but it worked so well for me.The machine is about 8 feet long and quite heavy but it can fold in half. I came across this site getting info for my friend and remember well how bad I felt. I honestly believe the machine cured me and am not even ashamed to say where I found it because it is the best money I have spent. I honestly use it every day because I am so scared of PF returning, but I also enjoy the whole excercise routine. My husband stopped using it when he got better, but he too believes it was the Pilates that was the answer and he is glad we have it in the house.They probably sell it on the TV shopping network in the states if thats where you are and if I find it again on the INternet I will post it, I found it yesterday but am not great with computers yet. I would think that 800 number could send you some info. When I bought mine 2 years ago you could send it back after 30 days, and believe me by then you would know if it woould help you.

Sue on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008251)

Thank you, I will check into the 800 number for information.

Martha on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008255)

I just found the Pilates equipment on the internet. Go to Yahoo and type in Pilates in the seach blank. There are several companies who sell them. I will check them all out tomorrow. Thanks for this info Debbie.

Shelby on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008312)

Very interesting. I have a Pilates and I haven't had the same results. Maybe I don't use it enough

Debbie on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008327)

Shelby how long have you had PF and how long have you been using the Pilates? I noticesd and improvement very early on so I increased the foot excercises [ warmup and cool down ones that are all about feet] to at least four times daily more if I was around the house.I just did the whole workout once daily. Since you have the machine there why don't you increase the frequency of the foot ones for a week ord so and see if you get any benefit. Good luck.

Sue on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008241)

Can you tell us what kind of machine this is? I could not get the site using keyword Pilates.

Debbie on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008242)

This machine is a home version of a physio machine made by a Joseph Pilate 75 years ago. It was used by ballet dancers and others. There apparently are Pilate Studios in big cities and they are trendy. I recently read about celebrities using them in People Magazine. But the home one is a cushioned platform that you lie on with four bungee type cords for resistance and a foot bar you push against.There is about a 20 minute workout to do but the foot ones can be done in about 2 minutes.I bought my machine through the HOme Shopping Network here in Canada not expexcting to help my feet but just so I could excercise. I didn't really even believe it till it heped my husband and now a friend.It really is just stretching against resistance but it worked so well for me.The machine is about 8 feet long and quite heavy but it can fold in half. I came across this site getting info for my friend and remember well how bad I felt. I honestly believe the machine cured me and am not even ashamed to say where I found it because it is the best money I have spent. I honestly use it every day because I am so scared of PF returning, but I also enjoy the whole excercise routine. My husband stopped using it when he got better, but he too believes it was the Pilates that was the answer and he is glad we have it in the house.They probably sell it on the TV shopping network in the states if thats where you are and if I find it again on the INternet I will post it, I found it yesterday but am not great with computers yet. I would think that 800 number could send you some info. When I bought mine 2 years ago you could send it back after 30 days, and believe me by then you would know if it woould help you.

Sue on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008251)

Thank you, I will check into the 800 number for information.

Martha on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008255)

I just found the Pilates equipment on the internet. Go to Yahoo and type in Pilates in the seach blank. There are several companies who sell them. I will check them all out tomorrow. Thanks for this info Debbie.

Shelby on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008312)

Very interesting. I have a Pilates and I haven't had the same results. Maybe I don't use it enough

Debbie on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008327)

Shelby how long have you had PF and how long have you been using the Pilates? I noticesd and improvement very early on so I increased the foot excercises [ warmup and cool down ones that are all about feet] to at least four times daily more if I was around the house.I just did the whole workout once daily. Since you have the machine there why don't you increase the frequency of the foot ones for a week ord so and see if you get any benefit. Good luck.