Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

about the cream

Posted by Kris on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008235)

where can I get this cream? Is it Rx or over the counter. I would pay any price for something that might help...... WHat is the exact name and what does it do, numb the area or relieve the inflammation???

Re: about the cream

Lee on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008243)

The cream is an anti-inflamm cream. You have to have your dr. prescribe it and you can only get it at compounding pharmacy.
Mine is called Piroxicam. It's annti -inflamm that you apply right to the area. Its worked so much better than taking pills. It gave me relief in 2 days. It's been 20 days exactly since I got the cream, my heel felt about 90% better in a week, but I haven't stopped using it yet. I want to be rid of this 100%. Hope this helps you. The cream is about $40.00 but it was worth every penny of it. This is not ibprofen cream that you buy over the counter. You can probably get alot more information from a pharmacist at a compounding pharmacy.

Kris on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008246)

Thanks! but what the heck is a compounding pharmacy? Is it different than a regular drug store type pharmacy??? whats in it if its not ibuprofen?

Rosalind on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008250)

When I asked a pharmacist about the active ingredient in Piroxicam he said it was an anti-inflammatory that is in a different class than ibuprofen. In other words, if one doesn't work, the other may. Most pharmacists will compound or mix up a formula if the doctor tells them what the ingredients are.

I have been using the ibuprofen cream for about two weeks now and it has definitely helped (I can do much longer walks with my dog now), but it is not a cure yet (it is sooo easy to get set back). I found that using it 3-4 times a day, rather than twice is better. It feels wonderful if I take the time to really massage it into my foot and sometimes I massage it into tight calf and ankle muscles. I'm going to finish the tube before deciding whether to try the Piroxicam or oil of oregano, which both have helped a lot of folks.

Good luck!

Lee on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008252)

A compounding pharmacy is not like a retail pharmacy, it' kind of like a lab. They mix according to Dr.s orders. It's new to me too. I had never heard of it . I live in Ventura County, Calif. If you want information regarding my pharmacy to ask questions directly to the pharmacist, please let me know. The ibprofen cream is not a RX. Piroxicam is a genereic name for Feldene,. Which you can also take in pill form. I looked it up in the PDR, which I do with all meds before I take them.
The pharmacist told me that people especially athletes have had great results with the Piroxicam. It certainly worked for me. My arch was hurting during and after I returned from vacation. I used the cream on my arch and today my foot feels 99% healed. That 1% might be my imagination, I'm so afraid of getting pain back.
Anyway, I just think it's worth a try for something as simple as rubbing cream on your foot. As I said before, I felt there was a nail in my heel before I started using cream. Maybe it will work for you. I've tried Orthodics, pills, shots, ice, stretching, stay off foot, and nothing helped as much as cream, for such quick results. My orthodics I feel really made a difference as well.

Re: about the cream, TO Lee

Mary Ann on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008253)

Do you remember what your Dr. wrote on your prescription? I am seeing a Dr. on Tues. and hope to get this ordered but it would help if I could tell him. Thanks

Lee on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008243)

The cream is an anti-inflamm cream. You have to have your dr. prescribe it and you can only get it at compounding pharmacy.
Mine is called Piroxicam. It's annti -inflamm that you apply right to the area. Its worked so much better than taking pills. It gave me relief in 2 days. It's been 20 days exactly since I got the cream, my heel felt about 90% better in a week, but I haven't stopped using it yet. I want to be rid of this 100%. Hope this helps you. The cream is about $40.00 but it was worth every penny of it. This is not ibprofen cream that you buy over the counter. You can probably get alot more information from a pharmacist at a compounding pharmacy.

Kris on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008246)

Thanks! but what the heck is a compounding pharmacy? Is it different than a regular drug store type pharmacy??? whats in it if its not ibuprofen?

Rosalind on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008250)

When I asked a pharmacist about the active ingredient in Piroxicam he said it was an anti-inflammatory that is in a different class than ibuprofen. In other words, if one doesn't work, the other may. Most pharmacists will compound or mix up a formula if the doctor tells them what the ingredients are.

I have been using the ibuprofen cream for about two weeks now and it has definitely helped (I can do much longer walks with my dog now), but it is not a cure yet (it is sooo easy to get set back). I found that using it 3-4 times a day, rather than twice is better. It feels wonderful if I take the time to really massage it into my foot and sometimes I massage it into tight calf and ankle muscles. I'm going to finish the tube before deciding whether to try the Piroxicam or oil of oregano, which both have helped a lot of folks.

Good luck!

Lee on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008252)

A compounding pharmacy is not like a retail pharmacy, it' kind of like a lab. They mix according to Dr.s orders. It's new to me too. I had never heard of it . I live in Ventura County, Calif. If you want information regarding my pharmacy to ask questions directly to the pharmacist, please let me know. The ibprofen cream is not a RX. Piroxicam is a genereic name for Feldene,. Which you can also take in pill form. I looked it up in the PDR, which I do with all meds before I take them.
The pharmacist told me that people especially athletes have had great results with the Piroxicam. It certainly worked for me. My arch was hurting during and after I returned from vacation. I used the cream on my arch and today my foot feels 99% healed. That 1% might be my imagination, I'm so afraid of getting pain back.
Anyway, I just think it's worth a try for something as simple as rubbing cream on your foot. As I said before, I felt there was a nail in my heel before I started using cream. Maybe it will work for you. I've tried Orthodics, pills, shots, ice, stretching, stay off foot, and nothing helped as much as cream, for such quick results. My orthodics I feel really made a difference as well.

Re: about the cream, TO Lee

Mary Ann on 6/27/99 at 00:00 (008253)

Do you remember what your Dr. wrote on your prescription? I am seeing a Dr. on Tues. and hope to get this ordered but it would help if I could tell him. Thanks