Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Sufferer

Posted by Sally on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008259)

About six months ago I noticed some pain in my right foot. In the past two weeks it's intensified, especially in the mornings when I'd get up. Can't say how much this site has helped me. I've not been diagnosed yet, but my pain has lessened dramatically after just stretching before getting out of bed in the morning. I also purchased new shoes (two pair of Birkenstocks and a pair of Paul Thomas) which I believe have helped as well. I live in a warm climate so have walked around for years on not much more than a flat piece of leather with a few straps. Can't thank you all enough for sharing your remedies. I don't know what the future holds, but I know a bit more about what to do . . . and what not to do in dealing with this problem.

Re: New Sufferer

Landis Carr on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008282)

Sally,
Each time I have tried stretching my foot pain has returned with a vengeance and I seem to have set myself back two or three weeks.Any advice?

Sally on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008290)

Hi Landis:

I feel like such a sniveler since I've discovered this message board and read about the problems some have suffered, in some cases for years, with their feet. Believe me, I feel very lucky to have just moved my foot around a bit, actually just flexing it about 15 times before getting out of bed, and finding it less painful to walk. It may be that after more time goes by, this little bit of stretching doesn't help at all. I'm just learning about all this and am a bit afraid of what might be ahead. I haven't even visited the doctor as I think I might, as you've said, find more help here. Do you find you ever have days without any pain at all? Since I started the early flexing, I've just felt a tiny little ache in my heel all day.

Landis Carr on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008282)

Sally,
Each time I have tried stretching my foot pain has returned with a vengeance and I seem to have set myself back two or three weeks.Any advice?

Sally on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008290)

Hi Landis:

I feel like such a sniveler since I've discovered this message board and read about the problems some have suffered, in some cases for years, with their feet. Believe me, I feel very lucky to have just moved my foot around a bit, actually just flexing it about 15 times before getting out of bed, and finding it less painful to walk. It may be that after more time goes by, this little bit of stretching doesn't help at all. I'm just learning about all this and am a bit afraid of what might be ahead. I haven't even visited the doctor as I think I might, as you've said, find more help here. Do you find you ever have days without any pain at all? Since I started the early flexing, I've just felt a tiny little ache in my heel all day.