Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Losing weight

Posted by Lori on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008268)

Ann, At the time, I did Richard Simmon's 'Deal a Meal'. It's very similar to Weight Watchers. I gave myself a year to lose the 40 pounds. It's very important to give yourself time. I also walked several miles most days. I'm sure, following this type of diet and doing some exercising, you could lose the weight. There should be exercises you can do without hurting your feet....
Lori in AZ

Re: Losing weight

Melanie on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008270)

HI! I am currently going to Weight Watchers - I was about 100lbs overweight - I am 6' tall and was 254 pounds at my highest. I am now
down to 229 lbs about about 16 weeks of weight watchers. I would highly recommend WW to anyone because they teach you how to eat
properly. no fad diets!! No more eating only grapefruits, etc. I have ice cream and all of the things I love, just in moderation. I find that I have been able to walk much better. I was to the point that in the morning, I almost had to crawl to the bathroom. It wasn't fun. I would recommend that if you are having a problem walking because of the PF that you try riding an exercise bike. IT is great exercise and there is less pressure on your feet. IF you have any questions, or need moral support, just send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to chat with you. Just please be aware that I do not have
access to my e-mail all the time so it may take a few days to get back to you, but I will.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ann on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008334)

Melanie, what is your e mail address so I can e mail you for encouragement?

Thanks

Melanie on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008540)

Sorry, I thought that I had left the address before - I guess not!!
Talk to you soon!!

Mel

Melanie on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008270)

HI! I am currently going to Weight Watchers - I was about 100lbs overweight - I am 6' tall and was 254 pounds at my highest. I am now
down to 229 lbs about about 16 weeks of weight watchers. I would highly recommend WW to anyone because they teach you how to eat
properly. no fad diets!! No more eating only grapefruits, etc. I have ice cream and all of the things I love, just in moderation. I find that I have been able to walk much better. I was to the point that in the morning, I almost had to crawl to the bathroom. It wasn't fun. I would recommend that if you are having a problem walking because of the PF that you try riding an exercise bike. IT is great exercise and there is less pressure on your feet. IF you have any questions, or need moral support, just send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to chat with you. Just please be aware that I do not have
access to my e-mail all the time so it may take a few days to get back to you, but I will.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ann on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008334)

Melanie, what is your e mail address so I can e mail you for encouragement?

Thanks

Melanie on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008540)

Sorry, I thought that I had left the address before - I guess not!!
Talk to you soon!!

Mel