Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Who doesn't like birkenstocks?

Posted by Scott on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008297)

If you haven't already voted, vote in response to this message:
If you bought Birkenstocks, do you like them?

Birkenstock results so far: 15 'yes', 9 'no' BUT....
Most of the 'yes' votes came after the survey was halfway done. It's like all of the negatives responded first, then nothing but positive afterwards. This means negative votes may have been less likely to have been cast at the end which is why i'm having to ask again.

This is a 62.5% success rate, not as good as 'arch support' in our survey.

Re: Who doesn't like birkenstocks?

Bea on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008299)

I vote yes with the caveat that I have flat feet and have found them to be very helpful, but like everything else, not a cure/

Sally on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008300)

After wearing them only a few days, I think they're helping me.

Diane F. on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008304)

Like I wrote a monent ago in your other survey... I love them and they have saved my life! I wear the arzona and also the blue birk inserts.
So a big fat YES to birks ! :)

judy on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008307)

Have been looking into trying the Birk's blue insert. Which one did you get and are they really that comfortable?

Judy on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008308)

Have been thinking of trying the Birks blue insert. Which one did you get and are they really that comfortable?

Shelby on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008311)

I don't like Birks. Bought a pair and broke them in gradually. After several days wore them to grocery stores and almost couldn't get home I was in so much pain. About six weeks again I purchased Dansko and so far so good.,

Karen on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008336)

Birkenstocks have allowed me to walk again. I now have 4 pair, including waterproof that I wear when working in the yard or washing my car.

Diane F. on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008348)

Yes they are comfy and feel really great. I bought them from the shoetree store online, they are in canada and are cheaper then in US, as long as our $ is stronger. Had a problem with the blue inserts at the store I tried, they felt like they hit the wrong part of foot. Told tony that and he said to try a different size, and they were great! They have a toll free # and are very helpful in guiding you in what size or kind to buy.

Judy on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008353)

What kind of waterproof Birks do you have?

Dancer on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008381)

I have PF and bought Birks (Florida style slip-ons) about3 mos ago. They are all I wear, except when I wear athletic shoes (just got orthotics). I love the Birks!

Re: Who doesn't like birkenstocks? NOT ME

Michelle on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008383)

I just injured my heel 2 weeks ago, and I fortunately have a 12-year old pair of Birks; they are all I can wear and the only way I can get around - when I get our of bed they go immediately onto my feet. (after 12 years they are starting to smell a little but only have one crack in the ball-area of one shoe)

birks - vote=YES!

Karen on 7/08/99 at 00:00 (008568)

Mine are the 'funky prints' tobago style. I found them in my birk catalog and my local store had my size. They should be on sale at this time of year. Mine were! $54
Good luck!
Karen

Bea on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008299)

I vote yes with the caveat that I have flat feet and have found them to be very helpful, but like everything else, not a cure/

Sally on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008300)

After wearing them only a few days, I think they're helping me.

Diane F. on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008304)

Like I wrote a monent ago in your other survey... I love them and they have saved my life! I wear the arzona and also the blue birk inserts.
So a big fat YES to birks ! :)

judy on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008307)

Have been looking into trying the Birk's blue insert. Which one did you get and are they really that comfortable?

Judy on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008308)

Have been thinking of trying the Birks blue insert. Which one did you get and are they really that comfortable?

Shelby on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008311)

I don't like Birks. Bought a pair and broke them in gradually. After several days wore them to grocery stores and almost couldn't get home I was in so much pain. About six weeks again I purchased Dansko and so far so good.,

Karen on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008336)

Birkenstocks have allowed me to walk again. I now have 4 pair, including waterproof that I wear when working in the yard or washing my car.

Diane F. on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008348)

Yes they are comfy and feel really great. I bought them from the shoetree store online, they are in canada and are cheaper then in US, as long as our $ is stronger. Had a problem with the blue inserts at the store I tried, they felt like they hit the wrong part of foot. Told tony that and he said to try a different size, and they were great! They have a toll free # and are very helpful in guiding you in what size or kind to buy.

Judy on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008353)

What kind of waterproof Birks do you have?

Dancer on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008381)

I have PF and bought Birks (Florida style slip-ons) about3 mos ago. They are all I wear, except when I wear athletic shoes (just got orthotics). I love the Birks!

Re: Who doesn't like birkenstocks? NOT ME

Michelle on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008383)

I just injured my heel 2 weeks ago, and I fortunately have a 12-year old pair of Birks; they are all I can wear and the only way I can get around - when I get our of bed they go immediately onto my feet. (after 12 years they are starting to smell a little but only have one crack in the ball-area of one shoe)

birks - vote=YES!

Karen on 7/08/99 at 00:00 (008568)

Mine are the 'funky prints' tobago style. I found them in my birk catalog and my local store had my size. They should be on sale at this time of year. Mine were! $54
Good luck!
Karen