Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott/Birkenstock sellers

Posted by Bea on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008315)

I have tried to contact Alan Baumer about buying Birkenstocks at a discount. First, his 800 number doesn't work, then his web site doesn't have much info and is in transit. I inquired as to an e-mail address which he posted along with a 900 number. I sent an e-mail and it didn't go thru. It might be o.k. but it seems rather suspicious to me. Just thought you would like to know.

Re: Scott/Birkenstock sellers

WANDA on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008316)

I can assure this is no scam for I went to there store and its brand new, he told me his webb site was under construction,here is his store no. in Cordove, Tn. 901.737.8778 try that and see if that will work, he has some real cute shoes better than any where I've been, alot of cool summer stuff, and no I don't know them I just met them to , just thought you all would like info.

Bea on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008320)

I was interested in the store because of the possibility of a discount. My info is that a 900 number is very costly and since his 800 number doesn't work and i can't e-mail him I wouldn't be saving much even if there is a discount. Sorry to sound so suspicious but there are so many scams on the internet, one has to be careful. Thanks for the info.

Robin on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008330)

I have had the same experience, Bea. So I gave up on Baumers. He may have a walk-in store, but he is not ready to do business on the internet. Web site is almost all under construction, and no 800 number. Oh well.

Diane F. on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008349)

You can buy online at the shoetree.com (I think that is the site name). It is cheaper as the US $ is stronger then canada's money. Tony is very helpful and has a toll free number, so you can get help in what to buy. He was great and had marked the inserts (right and left) and had instructions on how to break them in and what to expect, which helped me over the hump of breaking them in.

If that is not the right site name , just tell me and I will look it up! Good Luck :)

Alan Baumer Baumers Birkenstock on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008565)

Dear Bea and Robin,

I am sorry about the phone number thing...turns out, the number is 1 877 737-8778! The phone company gave us the wrong number. We are prepared for internet and we are not a scam...Wanda told you that.
Please try contacting us again. We gladly accept visa, mastercard, discover, and American Express.

Alan Baumer

WANDA on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008316)

I can assure this is no scam for I went to there store and its brand new, he told me his webb site was under construction,here is his store no. in Cordove, Tn. 901.737.8778 try that and see if that will work, he has some real cute shoes better than any where I've been, alot of cool summer stuff, and no I don't know them I just met them to , just thought you all would like info.

Bea on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008320)

I was interested in the store because of the possibility of a discount. My info is that a 900 number is very costly and since his 800 number doesn't work and i can't e-mail him I wouldn't be saving much even if there is a discount. Sorry to sound so suspicious but there are so many scams on the internet, one has to be careful. Thanks for the info.

Robin on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008330)

I have had the same experience, Bea. So I gave up on Baumers. He may have a walk-in store, but he is not ready to do business on the internet. Web site is almost all under construction, and no 800 number. Oh well.

Diane F. on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008349)

You can buy online at the shoetree.com (I think that is the site name). It is cheaper as the US $ is stronger then canada's money. Tony is very helpful and has a toll free number, so you can get help in what to buy. He was great and had marked the inserts (right and left) and had instructions on how to break them in and what to expect, which helped me over the hump of breaking them in.

If that is not the right site name , just tell me and I will look it up! Good Luck :)

Alan Baumer Baumers Birkenstock on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008565)

Dear Bea and Robin,

I am sorry about the phone number thing...turns out, the number is 1 877 737-8778! The phone company gave us the wrong number. We are prepared for internet and we are not a scam...Wanda told you that.
Please try contacting us again. We gladly accept visa, mastercard, discover, and American Express.

Alan Baumer