Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Encouraged but not cured!

Posted by Becky on 6/28/99 at 00:00 (008318)

Well, went to the doctor again for my third twelve week check up.
As far as the FDA study goes... I am in the fail group. Something about a 2.8. I should have had a score of 2.0. Anyway, just thought you would like to know.
I am happy but still hurt at times. The doctor and Lois think in about six months I will be pain free. I hope so!!!!!!! I go to China in three months.!!!!!
Don't be discouraged, it could be worse!!!!!!!!!

YOu guys mean so much to me. Just to know you are out there going through the same thing means the world to me. Thanks for all the encouraging e-mails.

Becky in Chattanooga

Monday June 28. I go see the doctor for three month check up in the middle of October (after I get back from China). That will be the real test. Till then, ice, stretch, ice stretch.

Re: Encouraged but not cured!

tricia on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008363)

what are you doing for the foot & heel pain from plantar fasclitis
(if you have the same problem,) please, I need all the help, doctor
suggested night foot sprints. I can hardly walk, if sprints don't
work they suggest surgery. I don't know if it will help, your comment
or suggestion, are you icing for the same problems.

andi k on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008366)

Please wear the splints and give your foot rest and lots of time. I limped around for one year and finally had enough. The last ortho I went to told me I was one of the few candidates for the surgery. I suggested he try casting me first. I won't have surgery and ended up without the cast because I lost trust in this particular doctor. I made up my mind at that point that I would go easy on my foot. No more exercising (unless it's swimming) and no more wearing shoes without proper support. Stretching, icing, pt, shots, NSAIDS, etc did not help me in the past so I stayed with the night splint (which I swear by!) and occassional taping of my pf foot. It's been 4 months now and I NEVER limp. I feel no pain. I have tried to get back to exercising some, but end up with throbbing the next morning so I'm resting it longer. I feel I'm on the road to recovery and all it really took was diligence in doing what works for you and a lot of patience! Good luck!

tricia on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008363)

what are you doing for the foot & heel pain from plantar fasclitis
(if you have the same problem,) please, I need all the help, doctor
suggested night foot sprints. I can hardly walk, if sprints don't
work they suggest surgery. I don't know if it will help, your comment
or suggestion, are you icing for the same problems.

andi k on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008366)

Please wear the splints and give your foot rest and lots of time. I limped around for one year and finally had enough. The last ortho I went to told me I was one of the few candidates for the surgery. I suggested he try casting me first. I won't have surgery and ended up without the cast because I lost trust in this particular doctor. I made up my mind at that point that I would go easy on my foot. No more exercising (unless it's swimming) and no more wearing shoes without proper support. Stretching, icing, pt, shots, NSAIDS, etc did not help me in the past so I stayed with the night splint (which I swear by!) and occassional taping of my pf foot. It's been 4 months now and I NEVER limp. I feel no pain. I have tried to get back to exercising some, but end up with throbbing the next morning so I'm resting it longer. I feel I'm on the road to recovery and all it really took was diligence in doing what works for you and a lot of patience! Good luck!