Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I would like to know what the medications Sulindac, Amitriptyline, Atenolol, Ultram and Augmentin are!

Posted by Amanda on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008357)

Anyone,
I am 13 years old and the daughter of a woman who takes theses medications: Sulindac, Amitriptyline, Atenolol, Ultram and Augmentin. She used to get horrible headaches all the time a few years ago so I know some of those pills are for that and then recently a week ago my mom hurt her neck and some of those pills are for that, but I just wanted to know what the side affects and/or anything else about the medications. Thanks to anyone who would like to be of help.
Mandy

Re: I would like to know what the medications Sulindac, Amitriptyline, Atenolol, Ultram and Augmentin are!

Laurie on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008360)

Mandy,

I will try to help you with the drugs I do know about:

Amitriptyline: is an antidepressant in high doses, but in low doses can be use to treat pains such as headaches, muscle aches, etc. Side effects are very varied depending on dosage and length of treatment. Common side effect: Sleepiness/droggy

Atenolol: this is a beta blocker used for high blood pressure or heart palpatations. Low side effects: low blood pressure, sometimes drogginess.

Augmentin: this is an antibiotic used to treat infections like upper respiratory or sinus. It is a more powerful combination of the antibiotic amoxicillin. Side effects can include upset stomach, diarrhea, etc.

Sulindac: this is commonly know as Clinoril used for inflammation. It is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory. Side effects can include stomach upset, etc.

Ultram: this is a pain medication. Side effects can include nervousness and anxiety.

I sure hope I helped you Mandy...I know this information because I used to be in medicine...
If you want to know more, I recommend that you buy a good 'drug book' such as the PDR Pocket Guide to Prescription Drugs...its handy to have. Thats what I had to study from when I was in school.

Hope you and your poor mom get better! :)

Re: I would like to know what the medications Sulindac, Amitriptyline, Atenolol, Ultram and Augmentin are!

Laurie on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008360)

Mandy,

I will try to help you with the drugs I do know about:

Amitriptyline: is an antidepressant in high doses, but in low doses can be use to treat pains such as headaches, muscle aches, etc. Side effects are very varied depending on dosage and length of treatment. Common side effect: Sleepiness/droggy

Atenolol: this is a beta blocker used for high blood pressure or heart palpatations. Low side effects: low blood pressure, sometimes drogginess.

Augmentin: this is an antibiotic used to treat infections like upper respiratory or sinus. It is a more powerful combination of the antibiotic amoxicillin. Side effects can include upset stomach, diarrhea, etc.

Sulindac: this is commonly know as Clinoril used for inflammation. It is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory. Side effects can include stomach upset, etc.

Ultram: this is a pain medication. Side effects can include nervousness and anxiety.

I sure hope I helped you Mandy...I know this information because I used to be in medicine...
If you want to know more, I recommend that you buy a good 'drug book' such as the PDR Pocket Guide to Prescription Drugs...its handy to have. Thats what I had to study from when I was in school.

Hope you and your poor mom get better! :)