Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

WOW...impressive study says off-the-counter better than orthotics!

Posted by wendy on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008399)

This may be hookey, but the study is found at:
http://supports4u.com/Vis-Study.htm

Has anyone tried the ViscoSpot Shoe Inserts???

Re: WOW...impressive study says off-the-counter better than orthotics!

CrabbyAss2 on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008404)

Wendy, I read the article and then went to the american foot and ankle society web page and didn't find the article there. There was an article similiar to it so I emailed the afas and sent them the link to the article you found to see if it is a valid study and when it was released. So will let you know if it's hookey or not if they respond. Marie

Rosemary on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008427)

Yes, I use the ViscoSpot heel cushions and like them. My PF is much improved using them and some of the other things mentioned in this message board. My dr. gave them to me and he is at a major hospital. He said they were my orthotics. They feel good in the shoes. He gave me the larger size in my athletic shoes and I liked them so much, I bought the smaller size to go in my flat Sunday shoes. They are worth a try at about $40 a pair.

CrabbyAss2 on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008404)

Wendy, I read the article and then went to the american foot and ankle society web page and didn't find the article there. There was an article similiar to it so I emailed the afas and sent them the link to the article you found to see if it is a valid study and when it was released. So will let you know if it's hookey or not if they respond. Marie

Rosemary on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008427)

Yes, I use the ViscoSpot heel cushions and like them. My PF is much improved using them and some of the other things mentioned in this message board. My dr. gave them to me and he is at a major hospital. He said they were my orthotics. They feel good in the shoes. He gave me the larger size in my athletic shoes and I liked them so much, I bought the smaller size to go in my flat Sunday shoes. They are worth a try at about $40 a pair.