Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

a shoe question

Posted by Dina on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008418)

Do any of you recommend wearing Dr. Scholl's sandals for this condition? Someone had mentioned them to me, but I didn't want to buy them if they were going to kill my feet. I am so sick of sneakers!

Has anyone ttried wearing Dr Scholls, or have any opinions on them?

Re: a shoe question

Jane on 7/02/99 at 00:00 (008437)

I've found Dr. Scholl sandles to be very helpful. Even thought they are made of wood it seems to be a good shock absorber and good support too. They are so easy to slip on and off an give your feet a breather from sneakers. Give them a try!

lnb on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008514)

I have a pair of Dr.Scholls and find the wood to be to hard. Just like walking barefooted. They're not flexible and tend to slap the bottom of your foot with each step. Definitely not good for heel spurs or PF. I have flat feet and over pronate, Birks are not my answer either. I now have two pairs of Mephistos and they're great. First time I've been able to wear anything other than sneakers in over two years. Good-luck!

Jane on 7/02/99 at 00:00 (008437)

I've found Dr. Scholl sandles to be very helpful. Even thought they are made of wood it seems to be a good shock absorber and good support too. They are so easy to slip on and off an give your feet a breather from sneakers. Give them a try!

lnb on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008514)

I have a pair of Dr.Scholls and find the wood to be to hard. Just like walking barefooted. They're not flexible and tend to slap the bottom of your foot with each step. Definitely not good for heel spurs or PF. I have flat feet and over pronate, Birks are not my answer either. I now have two pairs of Mephistos and they're great. First time I've been able to wear anything other than sneakers in over two years. Good-luck!