Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 weeks and 3 days post surgery

Posted by Lori on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008419)

Hi all! Well, it's been 5 weeks and 3 days after my PF surgery. I've been off of crutches for almost 3 weeks. My foot has been very sore at times, especially after I've been on it most of the day. It's a bit sore for about one minute when I first stand up in the AM.
HOWEVER, the soreness I feel is not like the PAIN I had before surgery, it's more like soreness from being on your feet all day long. I've also started swimming laps in the neighbor's pool each day. That seems to be helping a lot.
Has anyone tried swimming as a form of exercise rather than walking or running?
I ice both feet each evening. My right foot has been sore as well but I'm hoping that it will get better as my operated foot gets better. I have a bone spur on the right heel as well but there was no pain until surgery.
It looks like this surgery was a success. I guess time will tell. Each day I have less soreness than the day before. The incision site has a scar but I use Vit. E oil on it each day.
Lori in AZ

Re: 5 weeks and 3 days post surgery

suzi on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008422)

Lori, where in Arizona do you live and what is the name of the doc who did your surgery????

Re: 5 weeks and 3 days post surgery

suzi on 7/01/99 at 00:00 (008422)

Lori, where in Arizona do you live and what is the name of the doc who did your surgery????