Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NB 1200

Posted by CrabbyAss2 on 7/02/99 at 00:00 (008462)

I bought a pair of NB 1200's about a month and 1/2 ago, so far i have found that they have given me the best support of any sneaker i have tried. they cost alot but were well worth the $$. They have those tpu posts in them for support for arches and some kind of mesh stuff in the heel, apparently used in space suits or something. i think they are great sneaker. all i need to do is find a nice pair of dress shoes with all this support. Marie

Re: NB 1200

jUDY on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008477)

WHAT ARE TPU? dO YOU NEED A SUPPORT WITH THESE ALSO? iF SO WHAT KIND? tHANKS

CrabbyAss2 on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008479)

TPU is some kind of posts they put in the shoes for extra support. people can have them put into their orthotics when they are custom made also. As for added support, i wear my orthotics in them. the tpu posts in the sneakers keep them from collapsing in the arch area so if, i would imagine, the sneakers gave your arches the right amount of support perhaps you wouldn't need orthotics in them. Marie

Denise on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008481)

Well I bought a pair of New Balance shoes today, my arch aches because finally I have a shoe that my arch support isn't collapsing in, and my heels hurt as usual, but I can tell they have a 100% more support, and alot more cushion in them then my old shoes that were Easy Spirits, (I shouldn't have tried to work in them on the first day). I would try a Birkenstock but I can't wear sandals to work in. But I think these shoes may help or at least I hope they do!
Thanks for all of your help!

jUDY on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008477)

WHAT ARE TPU? dO YOU NEED A SUPPORT WITH THESE ALSO? iF SO WHAT KIND? tHANKS

CrabbyAss2 on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008479)

TPU is some kind of posts they put in the shoes for extra support. people can have them put into their orthotics when they are custom made also. As for added support, i wear my orthotics in them. the tpu posts in the sneakers keep them from collapsing in the arch area so if, i would imagine, the sneakers gave your arches the right amount of support perhaps you wouldn't need orthotics in them. Marie

Denise on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008481)

Well I bought a pair of New Balance shoes today, my arch aches because finally I have a shoe that my arch support isn't collapsing in, and my heels hurt as usual, but I can tell they have a 100% more support, and alot more cushion in them then my old shoes that were Easy Spirits, (I shouldn't have tried to work in them on the first day). I would try a Birkenstock but I can't wear sandals to work in. But I think these shoes may help or at least I hope they do!
Thanks for all of your help!