Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Kelus

Posted by Rosemary on 7/03/99 at 00:00 (008485)

That is a very good question and I will try to explain what I do know and what I don't. Mine are called ViscoSpot. I checked the box. The site that Wendy mentions in the original question--http://supports4u.com/Vis-Study.htm appears to be the same support as mine. However the name is wrong. I can't figure that out.
Go to this site and look at the foot supports--http://www.bauerfeindusa.com/catalog.html The first one on screen of the foot supports is exactly mine. Same name and everything. They are clear with the blue spot. You will see Viscoheels come up next and they have no blue spots. So I think they have a phone number to call to find them in your area. I would ask them for the ViscoSpot just to make sure.
Found my second pair in a good pharmacy that specializes in home health care. They carry them in the store.
The Bauerfeind phone number should help to clear up the confusion of the names since they are their products. I don't think you can go wrong if you ask for ViscoSpot. I think they may be the newest product for PF Bauerfeind has developed. I paid $40 a pair at the pharmacy. I hopes this helps.

Re: To Kelus

Lola on 5/09/99 at 00:00 (006653)

What finally made me decide to go ahead with the surgery was talking to another lady in the doctor's office who was holding a six-month old baby and was seven weeks post-op. She was doing great. She felt that she had to get the surgery done to chase after the baby. I think she probably babied her foot more than I have done. I had a great day yesterday and today seems to be going well. It just takes time and patience. I probably won't be 100% better, but as bad as I felt, I'll take any improvement. I hoping to start my walking (exercise walking) in three to four weeks. But you really have to take it slow. Ken is right. Go with your gut feeling. Only you know how much pain you can stand. Seven years of crawling to the bathroom was enough for me. Please keep me informed and feel free to e-mail me about specific questions. lrich@t-three.com
Take care. In my opinion staying off your foot for a few weeks is well worth it in the long run. Next summer, I am walking down the aisle of my son's wedding without that stupid tennis shoes and orthotics. :-) Lola

Re: To Kelus

Lola on 5/09/99 at 00:00 (006653)

What finally made me decide to go ahead with the surgery was talking to another lady in the doctor's office who was holding a six-month old baby and was seven weeks post-op. She was doing great. She felt that she had to get the surgery done to chase after the baby. I think she probably babied her foot more than I have done. I had a great day yesterday and today seems to be going well. It just takes time and patience. I probably won't be 100% better, but as bad as I felt, I'll take any improvement. I hoping to start my walking (exercise walking) in three to four weeks. But you really have to take it slow. Ken is right. Go with your gut feeling. Only you know how much pain you can stand. Seven years of crawling to the bathroom was enough for me. Please keep me informed and feel free to e-mail me about specific questions. lrich@t-three.com
Take care. In my opinion staying off your foot for a few weeks is well worth it in the long run. Next summer, I am walking down the aisle of my son's wedding without that stupid tennis shoes and orthotics. :-) Lola