Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To: Rosemary

Posted by Lee on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008496)

Did the Visco spot help you? And did you get the whole foot insert or just the heel? Is the arch high in the whole foot? I've already spent so much money on over the counter and custom orthodics. My PF has greatly improved from the piroxicam cream, but I also wear my orthodics all the time. They are hard with a high arch, the viscos look more comfortable. After reading the article about 'over the counters' having better results I thought I might try the viscos. I'm just trying not to waste any more money than I have to. My husband says try anything, it might help. But I would like other imput first.. Thanks so much for your imput.

Re: To: Rosemary

Annette on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008501)

The viscos are very soft and cushy. I found the arch not high enough and they gave no real support. If a person just wants cushion they are great and will last forever. It you need some foot or arch support forget it.

Rosemary on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008502)

My orthopedic surgeon at Duke University Medical Center gave them to me. I have the ViscoSpots. They are the heel insert only, not the whole foot. The blue dot is placed at the spot where the plantar fascia attaches, so the most cushion is at the blue spot. They are quite comfortable in the shoes--no break-in required. My foot has a very high arch and it rolls to the outside so that is why I have PF.
My doctor did not want hard orthotics for me because he said they would make me worse. I think that statement had a lot to do with my high arch.
I would say agree with others who say PF takes time and patience to see improvement. I think the ViscoSpots have helped me and I wear only athletic shoes with them or Birks. Of course they do not work in sandal type Birks. I never go without the ViscoSpots in athletic shoes. I would say ViscoSpots aren't the one magical cure we are all searching for, but they can be a big part of the overall improvement process. I tend to agree with your husband. Try them and decide for yourself.

Annette on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008501)

The viscos are very soft and cushy. I found the arch not high enough and they gave no real support. If a person just wants cushion they are great and will last forever. It you need some foot or arch support forget it.

Rosemary on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008502)

My orthopedic surgeon at Duke University Medical Center gave them to me. I have the ViscoSpots. They are the heel insert only, not the whole foot. The blue dot is placed at the spot where the plantar fascia attaches, so the most cushion is at the blue spot. They are quite comfortable in the shoes--no break-in required. My foot has a very high arch and it rolls to the outside so that is why I have PF.
My doctor did not want hard orthotics for me because he said they would make me worse. I think that statement had a lot to do with my high arch.
I would say agree with others who say PF takes time and patience to see improvement. I think the ViscoSpots have helped me and I wear only athletic shoes with them or Birks. Of course they do not work in sandal type Birks. I never go without the ViscoSpots in athletic shoes. I would say ViscoSpots aren't the one magical cure we are all searching for, but they can be a big part of the overall improvement process. I tend to agree with your husband. Try them and decide for yourself.