Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Any Hairstylists with PF

Posted by Lee on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008497)

Any tips for foot relief? It's really hard to stand in one place all day.
I'm really busy and work 9-10 hours a day. I've cut back to 3 days, but I have to work. I use the thickest mat they sell for under my chair. And I sit on a stool when I can. My husband says I should retire but after reading this board it seems staying off your feet doesn't really help that much. I really like my job too! Any ideas?

Re: Any Hairstylists with PF

Renee on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008505)

I am not a hairstylist but a proffessional chef. I also am on my feet all day in a busy kitchen. Last year I had to give up cooking professionally because of my feet. I am getting some releif from wearing Birks all the time. I also am wearing a removable boot type cast as much as possible. Stretch your calf muscles during the day if you can and rest your feet when you can. I hope to slay this monster and go back to doing the job I love by the fall. Good Luck and Happy Hobbling to you!!

PENNY IN tENNESSEE on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008508)

hELLO i AM TOO A HAIRDRESSER AND I HAVE PF AND HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER 4 YEARS I BOUGHT A PAIR OF 'Anywears ' from my supply person and they feel pretty good they come in all colors and they are very comfy. Ask if they dont have them you can call 1-888-541-4600 for the stores in the mall that you can buy them . They also sell them in the nurse uniform books good luck Penny

Lee on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008512)

Penny, what are' Anywears' ?
Are they shoes or inserts?

To Lee from Penny on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008543)

Anywears are shoes They are clog like and they feel great. You can get them from a sales person in the field. Just ask they should be able to help. Look for them in a nurses uniform catalogue. Penny

Renee on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008505)

I am not a hairstylist but a proffessional chef. I also am on my feet all day in a busy kitchen. Last year I had to give up cooking professionally because of my feet. I am getting some releif from wearing Birks all the time. I also am wearing a removable boot type cast as much as possible. Stretch your calf muscles during the day if you can and rest your feet when you can. I hope to slay this monster and go back to doing the job I love by the fall. Good Luck and Happy Hobbling to you!!

PENNY IN tENNESSEE on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008508)

hELLO i AM TOO A HAIRDRESSER AND I HAVE PF AND HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER 4 YEARS I BOUGHT A PAIR OF 'Anywears ' from my supply person and they feel pretty good they come in all colors and they are very comfy. Ask if they dont have them you can call 1-888-541-4600 for the stores in the mall that you can buy them . They also sell them in the nurse uniform books good luck Penny

Lee on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008512)

Penny, what are' Anywears' ?
Are they shoes or inserts?

To Lee from Penny on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008543)

Anywears are shoes They are clog like and they feel great. You can get them from a sales person in the field. Just ask they should be able to help. Look for them in a nurses uniform catalogue. Penny