Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

exercise machines

Posted by Jill on 7/04/99 at 00:00 (008504)

I have a question. Has anyone tried using a health rider type machine during recorery. It places very little weight on your feet but gives you cardial vascular (sorry can't spell) workout.

I need to exercise. Since I have stoped (because of pf) my back injury is returning from a car accident last year. It seems the only way to keep it at bay is exercise.

But when I use the health rider my feet go numb. They don't hurt just tingle. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Re: exercise machines

Lee on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008513)

Any kind of aerobic or running shoes made my feet numb and tingley.
It's kind of a weird burning/tingleing feeling, hard to describe. It went away when I stopped wearing athletic shoes. You would thing those shoes would be good for my feet but they weren't. I switched to Easy Spirit or Aersoles to exercise in and it went away. They let your feet bend at the ball of your foot which is a little more natural movement. Athletic shoes were so stiff, they did not bend at all, and they all feel too tight on my feet. The good thing is you don't need any kind of supportive shoe for the Health Rider. I do have an Health rider and I like it. I have no problems with it except it's hard for me to do for more than 15 minutes. I'm really out of shape. I also had a Neurologist do tests on my feet to see if I had nerve damage. None, so I had to find my own cure. Trial and error on my part.

Re: exercise machines

Lee on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008513)

Any kind of aerobic or running shoes made my feet numb and tingley.
It's kind of a weird burning/tingleing feeling, hard to describe. It went away when I stopped wearing athletic shoes. You would thing those shoes would be good for my feet but they weren't. I switched to Easy Spirit or Aersoles to exercise in and it went away. They let your feet bend at the ball of your foot which is a little more natural movement. Athletic shoes were so stiff, they did not bend at all, and they all feel too tight on my feet. The good thing is you don't need any kind of supportive shoe for the Health Rider. I do have an Health rider and I like it. I have no problems with it except it's hard for me to do for more than 15 minutes. I'm really out of shape. I also had a Neurologist do tests on my feet to see if I had nerve damage. None, so I had to find my own cure. Trial and error on my part.