Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Balance Shoes ..... Relief

Posted by Debbie on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008518)

I got a pair of New Balance 852 shoes today and when I tried them on,the pain in my heel diminished by about 80%. I am getting orthotics made this week - but these shoes are wonderful. I can walk without walking on my toes to compensate for the pain. Thanks to everyone who recommended them.

Re: New Balance Shoes ..... Relief

Judy on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008522)

Do you wear these sneakers with or without inserts? Will you wear your new orthotics with these also? Am thinking of purchasing N.B. Sneakers because I have heard so many good things about them but I do not have custom orthotics and have tried just about every OTC one available and there isn't really any that feel that great. Glad your better!

Debbie on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008538)

I am wearing the sneakers with the inserts they came with. When I get my orthotics I will take out the inserts and put in the orthotics. Go try some on - I knew what pair by what felt good just by trying them on and walking around the store. They all know me in that store now.

Dana on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008554)

Judy, I went to the store last night to check out the New Balance shoes and to see whats new. A couple of running shoes ago I owned a pair of New Balances and really liked them. I checked out the NB 852 and they look great because they have the rollbar in them (great for feet that pronate) also since they are running shoes they have alot of coushioning (sp?) in them. Looks like I found my next shoe purchase. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Ann on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008605)

My doctor who made my orthotics told me to wear my orthotics over the insoles that were in the shoes already. Does this make sense to you? Where you told to take out the insoles in your shoes?

Nancy on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008607)

I have New Balance 990 running shoes and love them. I wear my orthodics under the removable insoles.

Debbie on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008612)

My doctor told me to take the insoles out, I guess I'll experiment when my orthtics come in.

Judy on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008522)

Do you wear these sneakers with or without inserts? Will you wear your new orthotics with these also? Am thinking of purchasing N.B. Sneakers because I have heard so many good things about them but I do not have custom orthotics and have tried just about every OTC one available and there isn't really any that feel that great. Glad your better!

Debbie on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008538)

I am wearing the sneakers with the inserts they came with. When I get my orthotics I will take out the inserts and put in the orthotics. Go try some on - I knew what pair by what felt good just by trying them on and walking around the store. They all know me in that store now.

Dana on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008554)

Judy, I went to the store last night to check out the New Balance shoes and to see whats new. A couple of running shoes ago I owned a pair of New Balances and really liked them. I checked out the NB 852 and they look great because they have the rollbar in them (great for feet that pronate) also since they are running shoes they have alot of coushioning (sp?) in them. Looks like I found my next shoe purchase. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Ann on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008605)

My doctor who made my orthotics told me to wear my orthotics over the insoles that were in the shoes already. Does this make sense to you? Where you told to take out the insoles in your shoes?

Nancy on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008607)

I have New Balance 990 running shoes and love them. I wear my orthodics under the removable insoles.

Debbie on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008612)

My doctor told me to take the insoles out, I guess I'll experiment when my orthtics come in.