Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Bea and Debbie concerning accupuncture

Posted by Sarah on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008523)

I am very curious about this. How long have you both gone to accupuncturists and how many times a week? Debbie, you have found it quite beneficial, but what are your results Bea? How do you determine the qualified from the unqualified? Is it painful? What's the scoop ladies? I am concerned because the pain in my left heel which was 'cured' with one cortisone shot while the other requried physical therapy and 2 shots, has reemerged after taking my dog on three walks in one week over two weeks ago. I have been icing and stretching and I am not getting the relief. My doctor has mentioned surgery, but I say no way!!!! I am changing over to biking, but I am very curious about this avenue. Thanks for you insights. Sarah

Re: To Bea and Debbie concerning accupuncture

Bea on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008532)

I have been having accupuncture treatments for about a year now and it has not helped my foot. It feels good at the time but there are no lasting effects. Understand I do not have pf , I have heel spurs and achilles tendonitis, a tear in my achilles heel & bursitis so I have a very full plate. I did have heel spurs about 11 years ago and with just taking anTi- imflammatories I had what a I thought was a cure but just remission. I feel once you have this problem you are always susceptible and have to be very careful with ones feet, shoes we wear, not overdo excercise. I am very happy for Debbie and hope this is not true for her but feel she should be very careful. Anyone that has some improvement for any more than a short length of time is very lucky. I have used accupuncture for other ailments and was successful so I am not against this treatment but it truthfully did nothing for my foot. Good luck Sarah on whatever you decide to do.

Re: To Bea and Debbie concerning accupuncture

Bea on 7/05/99 at 00:00 (008532)

I have been having accupuncture treatments for about a year now and it has not helped my foot. It feels good at the time but there are no lasting effects. Understand I do not have pf , I have heel spurs and achilles tendonitis, a tear in my achilles heel & bursitis so I have a very full plate. I did have heel spurs about 11 years ago and with just taking anTi- imflammatories I had what a I thought was a cure but just remission. I feel once you have this problem you are always susceptible and have to be very careful with ones feet, shoes we wear, not overdo excercise. I am very happy for Debbie and hope this is not true for her but feel she should be very careful. Anyone that has some improvement for any more than a short length of time is very lucky. I have used accupuncture for other ailments and was successful so I am not against this treatment but it truthfully did nothing for my foot. Good luck Sarah on whatever you decide to do.