Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FootFlex P.S.D.

Posted by Barb Lundeen on 7/06/99 at 00:00 (008542)

My promised report on FootFlex - Wow - is this a great little piece of equipment - just stand on it per the instructions and it really really works!! - I should do it more times a day than I do (2 or 3) but even so I have noticed a definite improvement - It gently stretches the PROPER muscles and you can feel the pull but no cramping like I get when I stretch without it - I am sure the achilles muscle (m. soleus) is getting more flexible. For only about $30.00 this one is a sure winner and worth a try - Bill wrote about it on 6/18 and I ordered it right away - Best thing I ever did!! - you can look at this on http://www.selfsource.com - I hate to admit this, but I am walking barefoot again - with less pain than I had before using all kinds of heel cushions and inserts etc. And my feet don't swell when I'm in thongs or barefoot. Anyhow, that's my report - I do notice on this site that everyone is totally different and different thing work for people so this may not be as exciting to someone else - but I've messed around with PF for 25 years off and on and I'm always excited to find a help that is a keeper. Best to you all - Barb

Re: FootFlex P.S.D. Bought it!!

Karen on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008553)

Barb,
What does the p.s.d stand for? I read your posting and immediately bought it. I had to change to Netscape to find the site. I missed the 6/18 posting, will look for it now and then back to work.
Thank you,
Karen

Barb Lundeen on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008560)

Karen - PSD stands for 'Performance Stretching Device' - found it on their little brochure they send with the gizmo - I had to do a really lot of walking and up and down steps today and when I got home I said 'Oops' - right heel was really hurting - I iced for about 10 minutes first and then stretched on the FootFlex - it kind of pained - even the little stretch - but the angle (which I am still on the first slot) is set so that unless you really over push it, you can't really get hurt. But the greatest thing is that after I finished, I could walk again and it just kept getting better!!! - Now about 4 hours later and only a tiny little ache but not the screaming tearing pain like I used to have. Hope you have the same kind of luck with this.
Barb

Karen on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008553)

Barb,
What does the p.s.d stand for? I read your posting and immediately bought it. I had to change to Netscape to find the site. I missed the 6/18 posting, will look for it now and then back to work.
Thank you,
Karen

Barb Lundeen on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008560)

Karen - PSD stands for 'Performance Stretching Device' - found it on their little brochure they send with the gizmo - I had to do a really lot of walking and up and down steps today and when I got home I said 'Oops' - right heel was really hurting - I iced for about 10 minutes first and then stretched on the FootFlex - it kind of pained - even the little stretch - but the angle (which I am still on the first slot) is set so that unless you really over push it, you can't really get hurt. But the greatest thing is that after I finished, I could walk again and it just kept getting better!!! - Now about 4 hours later and only a tiny little ache but not the screaming tearing pain like I used to have. Hope you have the same kind of luck with this.
Barb